ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

In response to post #24571614. #24572234, #24572374, #24572469, #24572589, #24572669, #24572829, #24572854, #24572864, #24572984, #24572994 are all replies on the same post.

KaiserDeathIV wrote:
speash wrote: Signed
ShwayNorris wrote: Signed
Kerros wrote: Signed, thank you for the link
zzjay wrote: Will do tomorrow..cant open from phone :(.

I doubt it'll help...we can simply not buy em.
groupthinker1984 wrote: Way too soon for this kind of knee jerk reaction.

I agree that this COULD be absolutely disastrous. Or it could be wonderful. Or somehow both at the same time.
MrSpanky wrote: signed. passed the 7500 mark
Rigmor wrote: Signed
Ultrametal wrote: This means nothing to Valve, they just gonna discourage people from making mods, since anyone can steal the idea and sell it with a different color.
softail4life wrote: Signed...thank you
Mindprobe24 wrote: Signed

Signed

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24571614. #24572234, #24572374, #24572469, #24572589, #24572669, #24572829, #24572854, #24572864, #24572984, #24572994, #24573004 are all replies on the same post.

KaiserDeathIV wrote:
speash wrote: Signed
ShwayNorris wrote: Signed
Kerros wrote: Signed, thank you for the link
zzjay wrote: Will do tomorrow..cant open from phone :(.

I doubt it'll help...we can simply not buy em.
groupthinker1984 wrote: Way too soon for this kind of knee jerk reaction.

I agree that this COULD be absolutely disastrous. Or it could be wonderful. Or somehow both at the same time.
MrSpanky wrote: signed. passed the 7500 mark
Rigmor wrote: Signed
Ultrametal wrote: This means nothing to Valve, they just gonna discourage people from making mods, since anyone can steal the idea and sell it with a different color.
softail4life wrote: Signed...thank you
Mindprobe24 wrote: Signed
shaithlis wrote: Signed

signed

In response to post #24570954. #24571409, #24571469, #24571539, #24571664, #24572149, #24572164 are all replies on the same post.

nivea wrote:
TaboriHK wrote: I completely forgot about the theft angle. That was already a pretty big problem, now I imagine it's going to balloon massively. Ugh.
nivea wrote: What if the Unofficial Patches go to steam, so many mods need those and so many users need them.
Aedred wrote: Yeah, many awesome modders deserve at least the recognition for their creations. I totally understand the decision to hide away from this Valve storm.
Hoamaii wrote: Good point, nivea. What Valve is doing is the surest way to kill modder's resource, patches, fixes, etc. It's hard to imagine a way it could not infect the Nexus too... Damn.
insaneplumber wrote: If USKP will be on the sale.
It just shows how lazy and accurate Bethesda is.
Number of bug fixes in USKP/UDGP/UDBP/UHRP is mind boggling.
SvarogNL wrote: Having to keep an eye on the Workshop in case of thef leaves no spare time for Modding even. It becomes a fulltime job.

We will probably see a massive mod stealing to sell on Steam.I'm pretty sure lots of not-so-good people will take what is free here, and sell it on the workshop.
For my part, if this is how Skyrim modding is really going, I will have to say goodbye to that game. Shame, after almost 3 years playing it. Modding is what made this game interesting, and enjoyable even after countless hours playing it. If things continue to go as it is, Nexus will close and so will a lot of others, except those who will allow pirated content (cough). But yeah, in my opinion, this is the beginning of the end of the modding community.
Just my 2 cents here.
~Melody, out.

In response to post #24571334. #24571444, #24571634, #24571699, #24572244, #24572659, #24572814 are all replies on the same post.

ShwayNorris wrote:
boulegue wrote: people developing without deadlines or publishers in their back cant be good? i thought we hate the big publishers who destroy our games and want exactly what is happening right now
ShwayNorris wrote: your taking something that's free and open and turning it into a closed market, that has never been good in all of history.
boulegue wrote: the market is just as open as it was yesterday or last year we just opened another door and thats the OPTION to charge for your mods noone forces you to sell them just as noone forces you to buy them its all optional
ShwayNorris wrote: making something that was free now have a charge is the same as changing the price of an item, you have now moved something that would previously been readily available to a higher tier, one that some who would have previously enjoyed said product will not be able to attain. you have just narrowed the market because you have excluded some from said product. also, when free, posting to both the Nexus and SteamWorkshop is not a hassle and allows for a broader reach, with the paid Mods being exclusive to steam you have narrowed the reachable audience.

there is no way that this will not have a noticeable impact before summer hits.
boulegue wrote: nothing that was/is free now cost any money noone took our lollipops away
ShwayNorris wrote: first off it's day one, the greater impact will be made clear as mods disappear and trickle over to steam. secondly your euphemism does nothing to discredit my statement.

yes my statement is based on facts yours on fear
your statement is purely hypothetical you have no evidence to base it on

You know, if Bethesda released a DLC of community made items they thought were good, I wouldn't complain. But that anyone can upload ANYTHING is full on f*#@ery. Shame on Valve. I will no longer support them and anyone fanboying needs to get off the Circle Jerk Express, southbound to Valve is Best Company of All Time-Ville

In response to post #24572569. #24572664, #24572779 are all replies on the same post.

phantompally76 wrote:
IgnacyOrder wrote: Im sure I wont be releasing my mod any more. I jsut keep it for myself because I dotn want someone now to steal it and make money for nothing. Or the fact I did use some stuff from modderss recources. Some people now may force me to pay for reeasing mod even thou its free. Makes me criminal then. I guess many modders wont want that problem

Youtuber mod showcases will die as well as it will be expensive hobby now
boulegue wrote: authors just like publishers will send their mods to reviewers for free so they get exposure

Lol you're right...i will never sell a mod...too many problems...of they close free modding ill jusy quit.

Modding is an hobby...not a job...if bethesda cant make thir own games pretty i dont see why to buy em at all...if i even have to pay for mods...mods are like essential for skyrim...without its worthless...