Arcane Warrior

Elrandhir

Heh, I made my mage into a Arcane warrior, and he was more or less unstoppable, he could use the best armor and still cast all his spells.

This if nothing is Overpowered, I haven't seen any other downside then that he has to swop from useing the weapon to casting spells, and that takes more or less no time atall.

Hes the A heavy Tank Mage, I almost laughed at how good he was, I could kill more or less anything singlehandedly.

Edited by Elrandhir

If you want your Arcane Warrior to be a damage dealing machine, try orgolove's spell mod. With those long range area of damage spells and an arcane warrior's defense buffs, you can take on hordes of baddies without hardly breaking a sweat. Storm of the Century is like a neutron bomb....just "light the fuse" and watch the fireworks. :thumbsup:

orgolove's mod is here...

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=611

Edited by XTR3M368

Storm of the Century is like a neutron bomb....just "light the fuse" and watch the fireworks. :thumbsup:

If storm of the century is a neutron bomb then Entropic Death would have to be VX. It is equally deadly if not more so as I have never seen anything emerge while bosses can escape the SoC. Pinpoint Avalanche would then be the JDAM of the spell-casting world (another personal fav.) So I too recommend Orgoloves Armageddon - it's a must have for solo play and if you think the Arcane Warrior is overpowered you should try the Mage-Rogue hybrid that I usually play.

@Elrandhir; Yeah, :tongue: I stopped playing an Arcane Warrior after one time through DA:O/A. Just too easy to blow through any and everything. :laugh:

Yeah,l well, if you could'nt keep the spell upp all the time, like I have had no problem with, and I haven't gotten it dispelled either, maby that has been pure luck dunno.

But I went toe 2 toe with a semiboss warrior type, whatever you want to call some of the NPC's thats abit tuffer then the rest.

Thats something a mage should'nt be able to do, the funny thing is that I know i could have killed him with just the mage parth, but I would probably had to do some kiting then.

Still feels good tho, but I would'nt really want to start going trough a game like that, luckily took me very long time before I was able to turn the mage into an Arcane warrior, and that I have already done a run trough the game.

Edited by Elrandhir

@Elrandhir; Yeah, :tongue: I stopped playing an Arcane Warrior after one time through DA:O/A. Just too easy to blow through any and everything. :laugh:

Yeah,l well, if you could'nt keep the spell upp all the time, like I have had no problem with, and I haven't gotten it dispelled either, maby that has been pure luck dunno.

But I went toe 2 toe with a semiboss warrior type, whatever you want to call some of the NPC's thats abit tuffer then the rest.

Thats something a mage should'nt be able to do, the funny thing is that I know i could have killed him with just the mage parth, but I would probably had to do some kiting then.

Still feels good tho, but I would'nt really want to start going trough a game like that, luckily took me very long time before I was able to turn the mage into an Arcane warrior, and that I have already done a run trough the game.

All of us are agreeing with you, (I think): the Arcane Warrior is almost invincible. Rusty appreciates a really powerful character because he solos through the game and needs his PC to be able to "go toe-to-toe" with just about everything. I HATE soloing, (one of the reason I dislike The Fade section in the Circle quest so much) because anymore I play mostly for the Party interactions.

But regardless of whether you want to play one or not, the AW in the most powerful build in the vanilla game, it just takes a long time to get there. :laugh:

All of us are agreeing with you, (I think): the Arcane Warrior is almost invincible. Rusty appreciates a really powerful character because he solos through the game and needs his PC to be able to "go toe-to-toe" with just about everything. I HATE soloing, (one of the reason I dislike The Fade section in the Circle quest so much) because anymore I play mostly for the Party interactions.

But regardless of whether you want to play one or not, the AW in the most powerful build in the vanilla game, it just takes a long time to get there. :laugh:

I did more then fine with my mage, but when the option came up, I though, what the hell, lets test it out, then I went, wtf is this :P