Information Regarding Mods That Can Be Found Both On Nexus and As Paid Content on Steam Workshop.

Erinaea

I don't owe anybody anything. Using resources works both ways. Majority of what I learned was from hardcore trail and error. The resources used were created for mod authors which I had credited. The added clutter put into my mods do not make up the content in the slightest. Youtube advertisers and this site are making money off my work so I don't know what thanks I owe them.

So careful when you say I owe "a lot". I made my mods for me which I had shared with this community. The handful people who contributed to my work does not make up a community. I don't even care to know what you call experienced either.

This is what I get for ultimately uses resources in my work. So clowns like the guy above can say I owe something to someone when investing 1500+ hours in the creation kit. Gtfo.

You owe them the money you're getting selling your mod while using thier assests. And stop with the internet tough guy attitude it doesn't work anymore.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest kick in the face steam has done. If I like a mod I always donate to their paypal because I appreciate the hard work modders put into their mods. I'm incredibly disappointed in the authors who jumped on the opportunity to turn their product into a cash grab. Even more disappointed in the ones that I have donated too.

This steam payed modding bs is going to tear skyrims modding community apart, We have already seen problems from Chesko and Fores, it's only a matter of time before great modders drop their projects because of the drama.

If I paid $35 for every mod I have, skyrim would cost me a few thousands of dollars to play. glad I have an already modded skyrim install that has all the mods I need.

Hey maverick, that resource pack you stole, you didn't make that. You can dance around the issue all you want, though. It's hilarious watching you call people entitled when you try to defend your entitlement of theft. Hi-lary-us. I think I'll make a Maverick the Khajiit thief mod. Haha, yeah that's what I'll do. Start charging at a penny.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2803289-maverick-the-khajiit-thief/

Edited by Levantinium

... wtf. I never had intention on selling my mods nor would I be dumb enough to use other peoples assets if I did. I actually made Helsmyrr for this site exclusively. I am done with this site.

In the other thread, you hit the report button and then proceeded to use immature language. In this thread you insult everyone and call people "retard." You're such a child. Maybe Maverick that Baby Khajiit.

... wtf. I never had intention on selling my mods nor would I be dumb enough to use other peoples assets if I did. I actually made Helsmyrr for this site exclusively. I am done with this site.

In the other thread, you hit the report button and then proceeded to use immature language. In this thread you insult everyone and call people "retard." You're such a child. Maybe Maverick that Baby Khajiit.

Show me evidence of what I stole then show me evidence of the mod on steam for sale. You proceed to promote slander in my name without an ounce of evidence then somehow believe I should sit idly by. There is no subtle way for me to describe people like yourself. Yes I reported and if you don't believe I have a legit reason, you are mentally challenged.

I don't owe anybody anything. Using resources works both ways. Majority of what I learned was from hardcore trail and error. The resources used were created for mod authors which I had credited. The added clutter put into my mods do not make up the content in the slightest. Youtube advertisers and this site are making money off my work so I don't know what thanks I owe them.

So careful when you say I owe "a lot". I made my mods for me which I had shared with this community. The handful people who contributed to my work does not make up a community. I don't even care to know what you call experienced either.

This is what I get for ultimately uses resources in my work. So clowns like the guy above can say I owe something to someone when investing 1500+ hours in the creation kit. Gtfo.

I guess you have a short-term memory. You came in here saying this community is a joke, insulting people by saying no one here is owed anything, saying you can take what you want and it is of no importance, LYING about giving full credit to what you have taken from this apparently useless non-community which is here just to provide you resources, insulting and name-calling people, then you cry "GUARDS, GUARDS" soon as you get some flak back.

You are the epitome of rancid troll. Continue calling people retarded, it is totally not defeating any moral ground you already did not have any of.

EDIT: You also fail at reading. When did I say you sold the mod? I said I was going to sell the mod I'm making about you. So the retard can read better than you? Ouch.

Edited by Levantinium

This thread is a joke and the community response that is being supported by this site is even a bigger joke. This is a shaming thread and it doesn't matter how well you sugarcoat it. Not a single modder owes anything to anyone on this site and what they choose to do with their material is their business. What I choose to do with my work OWES NO EXPLANATION. Make sense of that OP.

If my intent were to shame, then why would I be contacting mod authors in order to ascertain what they intend to do regarding updates..? Further, why would I got through the trouble of posting what the creator of SkyUI stated, seeing as what he stated stops people from being hysterical over SkyUI going to steam workshop as paid content? Did you even read the original post? I tend to think not.

If your mod is up there, and you feel it should not be..then send me a message explaining why it should not be. I urge you to read my statement under "For Mod Authors" before doing so.

For any author who's mod is hidden, please read my general statement. I clearly outlined that any mods, unless stated otherwise, that are hidden mean nothing regarding the author's stance toward paid mods. It's in nearly the first few sentences.

Edited by Erinaea

This thread is a joke and the community response that is being supported by this site is even a bigger joke. This is a shaming thread and it doesn't matter how well you sugarcoat it. Not a single modder owes anything to anyone on this site and what they choose to do with their material is their business. What I choose to do with my work OWES NO EXPLANATION. Make sense of that OP.

If you are removing your content from Nexus, without informing those who enjoy your mod..and instead adding it to Steam Workshop and updating it there as paid content..don't you feel like you should explain why you're moving your mod? Or would you prefer being silent and leaving those who enjoy your mod out in the cold..with no information? If you would rather deal with a community that feels alienated, and then enraged..be my guest.

Or..feel free to tell me what mod you are the author of, and please explain what's going on with updates etc., I will post it in the OP.

Edited by Erinaea