-=Call For Help=- Type 3 Body Mods

BrutalBlack

Hello, everyone, this is my first post on the forums!

I haven't exactly required much posting up until tonight. I hopped right into fallout new vegas, discovered the nexus and never looked back. Unfortunately I've come to quite the road block with outfits for body type 3...

I do have Beware of girl type 3 downloaded and working properly. I can wear all vanilla outfits no problem. However when I try to download an outfit regarding the same body type (for example there is a mod author by the name of Fizz, excellent work) and load it up the same way I would anything else that is a texture or mesh, it shows up in the game with no icon (already a bad sign) and depending on which piece of gear I put on, that body part turns... Invisible... It was fun to run around the wastes as just a head and a gun for half an hour, but now I'd just really like some new clothes.

I've tried installing it god knows how many ways... Different folders... Inside the beware of girl type 3 folder (combining the mesh and texture folders)...

I've come to the conclusion that this goes beyond my novice know how of fallout modding.

Any help is appreciated, I'm at the will of this community, but from what I've seen thus far from this place I'm in good hands.

Thank you in advance.

The standard rule of thumb is:

All mods go into your Data folder. When copying them into that folder, you may get a prompt asking if you would like to "overwrite". In this case, the answer is always "yes".

This is a standard rule of thumb, that means in most cases this is the rule, the readme should say otherwise if it deviates from this rule.

Fizz's mods all comply with this standard.

For example:

When you open the archive containing the mod you should see at least three items:

Meshes

Textures

SomeMod.esp

Select all three of these and extract to

..Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\

Double check for a common error:

Use Windows Explorer to browse to your Data folder and check to see if it contains an extra Data folder inside. That's not accessible, thus useless.

..Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Data\(crap that can't be used) <- This is wrong

You can move that crap back to the original Data folder and then delete the Now Empty extra data folder if you wish.

**If you're confused at this point, ask until you understand before doing anything else**

Next you can check for another common error by using windows explorer to go up one level until you reach the

..Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas

If it contains a folder called Data (which it should!) and also has folders called "meshes" and "textures" in it, those meshes and textures folders were installed to the wrong place. Just delete them or move them to inside the Data folder.

Do not go willy nilly throwing folders into random places as you described above. That will not help.

Thanks for the quick response Myrmaad.

I WAS throwing things in folders all willy nilly! lol I was desperate... (Smart enough to remember what I did, how I did it, and how to reverse the changes if it had adverse effects though!)

So I've tried all of the above, I surely did have an extra data folder inside my data folder. Cleaned that up. Everything else seems to be installed in the correct place. Meshes and Textures included. After the clean up I restarted fallout, no results, still invisible if I try to use the gear, so it must still be installed wrong some how.

I've always installed items this way, never had a problem up until I started trying to do it for type 3 body outfits. It's not a common issue but nor is it the first time I've read about it on here.

Any other idea's? I'm open to suggestion, the clean up got me excited! lol

Edited by BrutalBlack

Figured it out, I went back over one of my previous mods that I was having similar trouble with (giant red exclamations in that case, same problem really, bad install) I was dropping them into the folder of the same name, instead of dropping them in data and letting it overwrite itself, after carefully reading your instructions I had a nice face palm moment. I'm sorry I wasted your time but honored you wasted it on me.

Can't thank you enough Myrmaad. :)

Edited by BrutalBlack