How to change the appearance of an object?

HiddenLurker

For example, how do i change a 40mm grenade projectile into a teddy bear or abraxo cleaner? I think you are supposed to change it under the ''Art and sound'' tab but when I click it i dont see the game resources anywhere...

Sorry if this is a noob problem, I am a noob in GECK after all. =/

Thanks for any help.

Hi!

Yeah, u can change the nif file so u things looks different.

If you want to just change one vanilla item to look like another vanilla one, well all the vanilla resources are locatred in the bsa files.

U can get fomm and use the bsa browser to extract some nif files, just dont extract them all into your data directory.

if u are using the geck to change the art for an item u can just put the replacement nif wherever cause u will be activating the esp.

If u change the name and locate the nif in the data folder with the same path as the items normal nif in the bsa then it is a replacer and does not use geck or esp.

U can download modders resources from nexus here and they make all kinda stuff tho. there might be some texture replacers or different nifs u might like to try out.

U can use fallout 3 stuffs also. the fallout 3 nif files are almost all the same as in nv.

Its nice to go to the niftools for more information about them or get the tools. you want nifskope for sure.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/

then u start making your own art and its a slippery slope.