Anything to change for Skyrim?

Keanumoreira

M'kay; running now for five years and counting, Tes IV was one of the big ones in 2005. Of course, half a decade ago, games were different and were built different. That being said, there were a lot of obvious problems that may have been acceptable then, but by no means are now. Does anyone have a personal problem with the game they see to be changed?

My only complaint is the graphics and bugs. As long as things are upgraded and it's not too glitchy, I'll be alright with Skyrim.

M'kay; running now for five years and counting, Tes IV was one of the big ones in 2005. Of course, half a decade ago, games were different and were built different. That being said, there were a lot of obvious problems that may have been acceptable then, but by no means are now. Does anyone have a personal problem with the game they see to be changed?

My only complaint is the graphics and bugs. As long as things are upgraded and it's not too glitchy, I'll be alright with Skyrim.

Doubtful since they'll probably want it to be able to run on PS3 and Xbox without issues. Hardware standards have pretty much been at a standstill for the last 2 years or so, partially because of the influence of consoles in the gaming market (where previously games were made to challenge what hardware was available rather than try to meet it), and partially because of the recession.

Doubtful since they'll probably want it to be able to run on PS3 and Xbox without issues. Hardware standards have pretty much been at a standstill for the last 2 years or so, partially because of the influence of consoles in the gaming market (where previously games were made to challenge what hardware was available rather than try to meet it), and partially because of the recession.

I never thought about that, it's interesting.

I always thought the PS3 and Xbox 360 could handle anything... Guess I was just being stupid.

So judging by this, graphics in Skyrim won't meet many peoples' expectations. A bit of a let-down...

I always thought the PS3 and Xbox 360 could handle anything... Guess I was just being stupid.

So judging by this, graphics in Skyrim won't meet many peoples' expectations. A bit of a let-down...

I wouldn't say that. The graphics will probably be just as good as the graphics of current games. Technically speaking, there isn't a whole lot more which can be done with graphics at this point short of switching everything over to point clouds. There's a limit to the point where just increasing the amount of polygons or texture resolutions yield any noticeable results. This is why newer generation games have been marked not so much for poly counts or how textures render, but rather for more engine and (video) processor based things like lighting, reflections, and water.

I wouldn't say that. The graphics will probably be just as good as the graphics of current games. Technically speaking, there isn't a whole lot more which can be done with graphics at this point short of switching everything over to point clouds. There's a limit to the point where just increasing the amount of polygons or texture resolutions yield any noticeable results. This is why newer generation games have been marked not so much for poly counts or how textures render, but rather for more engine and (video) processor based things like lighting, reflections, and water.

True as all that may be, I'm pretty sure Skyrim will be a good game. It should be a vast improvement over Oblivion, just as Oblivion was a vast improvement over Morrowind, and so on and so forth. Skyrim will be even better if people can mod it easily.

Edited by xXxAkikoHarunoxXx

I agree that there is a vast improvement from Morrowind to Oblivion, and i can only expect that such an improvement will happen again. I came in at 4, and went back to play 3, and the graphics and interface where actually a problem for me, they were not nice.

I would stop worrying about Graphics not being incredible...

That's what we have the Graphics Extenders for! :D

True, but unfortunately for people on consoles, that is out of the question. :(

I agree that there is a vast improvement from Morrowind to Oblivion, and i can only expect that such an improvement will happen again. I came in at 4, and went back to play 3, and the graphics and interface where actually a problem for me, they were not nice.

I was the same, I didn't know about Oblivion until a friend recommended it, then I heard about the greatness of Morrowind. I tried it but couldn't adjust, the animations (mainly walking) and the textures (faces) were terrible and the interface was also a big jump. To me it was unplayable. I guess you have to play games before better graphics and engines come out to fully appreciate them.

yeah madmike you're right. I think games are a little like cars, for the majority of them can seem amazing when they came out, but when replaced by the new generation, only those who experienced them brand are usually the only ones who really love them. Edited by Kaylock