The Mojave

MadMax08

Hello everyone. I guess it can be said I'm new to the forums, even though I've lurked on this site much longer than I'd like to care. Anyways, I picked up the PC version of New Vegas recently, and decided to start my own machinima. The first episode is up, and I would like everyone's opinion on it. The description on what its about is underneath the video on youtube. Constructive criticism is always helpful. I'd also like to point out that I have very little experience actually modding, but am looking at the GECK to try and figure out what I'll need to do to build the scenes I need. If anyone wants to lend a hand and help out, that would be awesome.

Anyways, enough blathering. Enjoy Episode 1 and subscribe if you have a Youtube channel or just leave your thoughts here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxZYZ7K98v8

Edited by MadMax08

this is some mighty good job you've done there

there are only two things that i would have changed

the first is if you could use some better graphics, just to make it look a bit better (but it's not too serious)

the second is to turn up your voice a little (it's a little hard to hear what you said, with the music in the background and all)

other than that, it looks like you did a rather good job

of course, to truly judge this, will mean watching the next few episodes, to judge the actual story and all

but the pilot is quite good

hope to see the next part soon :)

this is some mighty good job you've done there

there are only two things that i would have changed

the first is if you could use some better graphics, just to make it look a bit better (but it's not too serious)

the second is to turn up your voice a little (it's a little hard to hear what you said, with the music in the background and all)

other than that, it looks like you did a rather good job

of course, to truly judge this, will mean watching the next few episodes, to judge the actual story and all

but the pilot is quite good

hope to see the next part soon :)

thank you. on the graphics bit, New Vegas actually looks pretty good on my laptop, it's just youtube diminishing the quality of the vid, so it looks kind of shitty because of that.

on the voice bit, I understand what you mean, as someone on the Bethesda forums pointed out the same thing to me. this will be addressed in subsequent episodes, of course. the recordings my friend did were actually louder than the music, so I had to turn them down. i thought putting the music and recordings on an equal level would be alright, but glad it's not just one person who had an issue with the sound. so good looking out

in regards to the next part, it's coming a long nicely and i'm going to say it will be completed sometime next week. also, with the permission of someguy2000, parts of his popular mod New Vegas Bounties will be featured in the next two episodes. so keep checking :]

Edited by MadMax08

i will keep checking, don't worry about that

it's actually quite funny

just today i was looking for a good Fallout New Vegas machinima, and a few hours later, you come along with your new show

great luck for me (and for all of us Fallout machinima lovers around :biggrin:)

i didn't think about the graphics part being related to Youtube, silly me

it's not that it's bothering too much anyhow, so i think we can all live with it

and i'm glad i'm not the only one thinking the voice acting needs to be a little louder

i would hate to sound like i'm complaining or something :tongue:

best of luck with your next episode, and whatever else you might be working on (in life in general, not just Fallout related)

and i am looking forward to seeing part 2 :)

cheers, and merry Xmass to all :happy:

i will keep checking, don't worry about that

it's actually quite funny

just today i was looking for a good Fallout New Vegas machinima, and a few hours later, you come along with your new show

great luck for me (and for all of us Fallout machinima lovers around :biggrin:)

i didn't think about the graphics part being related to Youtube, silly me

it's not that it's bothering too much anyhow, so i think we can all live with it

and i'm glad i'm not the only one thinking the voice acting needs to be a little louder

i would hate to sound like i'm complaining or something :tongue:

best of luck with your next episode, and whatever else you might be working on (in life in general, not just Fallout related)

and i am looking forward to seeing part 2 :)

cheers, and merry Xmass to all :happy:

and a merry christmas to you as well. and ill need all the luck i can get, as i'm new to machinima but, ambitious at the same time.

Really nice work guy! Like it a lot. As W-A said the sound needs work, you could try a compressor on the voice track to lift it without messing too much with the levels. And for me, the edits could be snappier (but that's just my fetish).

Its a shame you couldn't pull off the head rising out of the water Ala Apocalypse Now, that effect never ever gets old for sheer menace.

See you on Youtube. :thumbsup:

Really nice work guy! Like it a lot. As W-A said the sound needs work, you could try a compressor on the voice track to lift it without messing too much with the levels. And for me, the edits could be snappier (but that's just my fetish).

Its a shame you couldn't pull off the head rising out of the water Ala Apocalypse Now, that effect never ever gets old for sheer menace.

See you on Youtube. :thumbsup:

and thank you sir! i dont think the sound needs to be compressed, as my friend is an emcee and as such as really good recording equipment. it was mainly just a volume adjustment issue on my end.

as for the head rising sequence you speak of, I know of the movie but I've never seen it and it's probably heresy to even say that, for I've heard it's really good haha.

The proper name is Dynamic range compression, its used to improve audio in noisy environments, where background noise muddies up quiet sounds.

But the head rising from the dark water, Apocalypse Now was first I think, then Arne in Predators, saw Vin Diesel do it but like I said it just doesn't get cliched for me. So how many episodes are yo looking at and what time scale to complete it?

The proper name is Dynamic range compression, its used to improve audio in noisy environments, where background noise muddies up quiet sounds.

But the head rising from the dark water, Apocalypse Now was first I think, then Arne in Predators, saw Vin Diesel do it but like I said it just doesn't get cliched for me. So how many episodes are yo looking at and what time scale to complete it?

okay, dynamic range makes more sense, because I know exactly what it is now with a name to it.

as for the number of episodes, its too early to say. i'm thinking anywhere between 7-10 episodes, depending on how it goes. time scale to complete...again too early to say, but it will definitely stretch into next year. episode 2, should be done by next week. episode 3 is when i'm going to be stepping up everything, so i might have to call in some additional help.

just an update. i'll be receiving the recordings for Wayne's dialogue sometime today (my friend recently moved from the east coast to the west coast, thus creating a 3 hour time difference), but when exactly I don't know. as stated before, parts of New Vegas Bounties will be featured in Episodes 2 and 3, with dialogue from the character Steven Randall being used.

One minor setback is my USB mouse for my laptop decided to stop working, and it won't work in any of the other ports, so I dont know if its the mouse or my laptop, but it's preventing me from taking smooth footage. So there may be a delay on the release of Episode 2.