Throw Lit Torches

Haravikk

Okay, so I recently installed the Enhanced Lights and FX mod and am loving the darker, more claustrophobic dungeons, however, like many players I'm finding that keeping a torch active in place of a shield makes things difficult, and I'm not playing a mage at present so candlelight isn't really a good option. So I opted to install the Wearable Lanterns mod, which again is good, but the light it casts has a limited area, so only helps to a small degree.

But it got me to thinking; what would really be better is the ability to throw a lit torch into a dark area in order to illuminate it ahead of you, allowing you to fight around it and just pick it up when you're ready to proceed. Basically it'd an alternative to the magelight spell for non-mage characters.

I haven't been able to find a mod that does exactly this so I thought I'd post this request; if anything like this does already exist though then I'd love a link to it! I did find a mod to drop lit torches, but this isn't really the same thing, as dropping a torch then attempting to smack or unrelenting force it down a dark corridor isn't the stealthiest way to go about illuminating an area :D

Regarding implementation, I was thinking of simply creating a lesser power that, when used, would remove a torch from inventory, and throw it, lit, a short distance ahead of the player. This would be in preference to trying to modify the torches in any way, or using some weird control scheme to throw an equipped torch (as players may still want to use a torch normally). If there's a throwing animation, or a spell-casting animation that looks appropriate, then I'd maybe try to use that in favour of the torch simply flying out of the player's inventory under its own power, and would limit the ability such that it can't be used while the player is doing something else (shouting, attacking etc.)

Anyway, if any modders do look at this, if you have any advice on what this would require and where I should start, then I'd greatly appreciate the input. Of course, if anyone wants to just to do it for me I won't say no ;)