Not sure what to do

mjc928

Well I've been experiencing the lag in battle and magic like others here. So I completely unisnstalled then reinstalled DAO. I haven't updated to 1.04 yet because I want some opinions before I do. I was running the game with at least 2.5-3.5 gigs of mods and I don't know if that was part of the problem or maybe it's my machine.

Here are my system specs:

Amd 64 fx60 dual core clocked at 2.5

3.0 gb of ram

GeForce 7900 GTX

650w psu

I have been toying around with the idea of building another machine but thats going to take time and more importantly $$$. Is everyone having the same issues that I am? If not then what system specs do you have? What recommendations do you have? Thanks for your time.

Ok, go with 1.04 asap, it is worthy :thumbsup:

As for your specs, they are adequate but as one who was running a 7950 GX2 (1 GB, 2 GPU) vid card I can say that an upgrade there will help. I went to a 250GTS 1GB 256 bit and the difference in game play was... well... spectacular is an understatement but it will have to do.

The more mods you have, the more unstable the game becomes especially if you are using large area mods (best to limit yourself to no more than 3 or 4 of those.) The better video card is going to speed up your game, reduce jerkiness and lag in battle scenes and cut down on crashing due to VFX overload. Notice I said reduce and cut down and not eliminate; there is only so much that can be done for shoddy programming.

Another way to look at it would be to say if you built your system to the highest specs that you could and all the hardware was optimally compatible, your game would still crash occasionally when you battle Sloth.