Weird Eye Color Problems

drakman667

So allow me to explain my situation.

I recently purchased DA:O and got into modding it. After several hours I finally figured it out and most of the mods That I've downloaded and installed work quite well.

The Issue I'm having is that somewhere along the line, I must have installed a mod to add/change eye colors wrong, because about half the characters that I see in the game have glitched out eyes that are almost completely devoid of color. I would upload pictures so you could see what I'm dealing with, but I'm having some issues with that, I will keep trying and will post screenshots later if I can.

If anyone needs more information to help me out just say so and I'll gladly do what I can.

Please help me out here, I don't want to have to go through the game with half the characters looking like they're possessed or something.

What graphics settings are you using and what kind and model of video card are you using?

I upgraded my system a few months ago and am now using an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 graphics card, and I use a 1600x900 resolution and have the graphical and texture details set to high, I'm not entirely sure that that is the stem of the problem, as the eyes weren't fixed after I set all the graphical settings to the bare minimum.

All the eyes "go to black" when you set your Graphics Detail to "Low". (Well, except Morrigan and a couple of other NPCs with dedicated eye files; Sten, shapeshifters, etc. But that's another story.) So set you graphics to "Medium" or hgher.

Here's a link for those screenshots I was talking about, sorry it's just a link, but that's the best I could come up with.

http://social.bioware.com/1314346/albums/950897

Also, I've already tried changing the graphical settings, the problem's still there whether I have it on high or low settings.

Now that you mentioned the "blinded" textures, that's what I remember seeing on Sten when I first tried DA-RD and hadn't removed all my other facemorph (eye/hair/skin/tatoo) mods. I figure it's soemthing to do with looking for a specific color based on a setting/name and not finding anything there to match. Heck, I might not have figured out about the "chargenmorphcfg.xml" file at that point! :laugh:

Which reminds me about drakman's issue. If you don't have the "Tucked Hair" chargenmorphcfg.xml, you will not be able to use those styles in the CC. The file that Dracomies links to in the instructions for DA-RD only contains the hairstyle resources, which are needed for several of HIS faces. You, the player, need to have a way to access them in the CC.

Poking around within the .das using the toolset and learning how the characters' appearance entries align with actual "content" files helped me understand a lot about how the entire program interacts with mods.