Cannot edit some NPCs

Shattersphere

I've been trying to edit a specific NPC at Nelson (a "LegionRaiderHRifle") and I add a leveled item box containing armor and then remove his old armor. I've also made sure that the template inventory is turned off. When I go in game this NPC has the same old armor even though it isn't in his GECK inventory or even in his templates inventory (and this isn't a mistake in the leveled item box).

Please submit advice if you have any and as always, help is greatly appreciated :D

Edited by Shattersphere

I have had this problem also. I was testing in game by loading a game, in which I had already seen the NPC. In this case I think what I first saw the NPC wearing overrides what his inventory may be when I change the mod. Try testing, by loading an earlier game in which you have not yet visited that location.

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try although I think I may as well start a new game and then visit the NPC just to be 100% sure. I'll post the results when I'm done.

EDIT - Also note that i can change the NPCs name and add specific weapons and armors that aren't in a leveled item box to his inventory and he will have them. It's weird because the leveled item box I'm using works for some NPCs but not others even if I don't start a new game.

EDIT EDIT - Yay it worked thanks for giving me the idea :D

Edited by Shattersphere