Now that paid mods are gone, it's time to count the casualties..

Erinaea

Valve is still going to do paid modding, just not with Skyrim.

I also would like to know a list of mods that were on the Workshop. I know INeed, Skyforge Shields, SkyUi are a few. Im not looking to boycott or blackmail, Im just curious if they put their mods back on the Nexus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be cool if we could get together a comprehensive list so we know who to boycott in future. I seriously have trust issues with the entire Skyrim mod scene right now.

I'd hate to accidently support a game, or mod, made by someone who so easily sold the modding scene down the toilet... not even just the modding scene.. the entire PC Gaming community.

These modders played with fire which could of killed us all.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think that continuing to call people out for using the paid mod feature will do anyone any good, especially if it's being based on "could have" scenarios. The situation was handled poorly by many people on both sides of the argument. Let's not rehash it.

Personally, I'm curious to see what the SkyUI team will say and I sincerely hope that Chesko returns someday. His contributions will be missed.

Maybe everyone could start with something as simple as pressing that endorsement button. That is how you say thanks. Even the best mods only get maybe 2% or less of downloaders saying a simple "Thank you". That's pathetic. It's like giving a panhandler 5 bucks and they just shrug at you (actually, panhandlers always say bless you or something kind, so what does that say about this "community"). And then everyone comes around like they are owed something from these folks. I wouldn't blame any of them for saying smell ya later. They lay out gifts and people just poop on them.

I want Chesko... kick skyui to the curve for that reddit post..

I assume you're upset at something Mardoxx posted. He has never been good at public relations (although Schlangster was also a bit out of touch too this time). I followed what was happening but got disgusted early in the process so I'm not sure how ugly it got by the end.

From the moment Schlangster made a light-hearted announcement that the new crafting menu improvements would be on the curated workshop (and that the existing free version would be updated too) people freaked out and started the attacks. Mardoxx started by trying to reassure people that the free version was still free and that they were overreacting, but no one wanted to listen. Being told they were overreacting just made them even more angry and so they continued to rant and call him a liar. So he ranted back and things went down-hill from there.

Fortunately the same traits that make Mardoxx and Schlangster bad at PR also make it more likely they won't hold a grudge.

I know my english speak/writing is not the best, so sorry, but i need to say that i know enough projects, that have stopped, just because the modders have not become the respect, for what they have hope.

Actual i know a project from the potential of may falskaar and the modautor have stop working on it, because he feels bad of the low endorsement respons by the community (and no, i dont give names). Id have the hope, that money maybe is a little replacement for whose, who vain hope for endorsement/respect.

And the "money for mods" train is not new. In second life as example, the ppl pay for years, for there mods. (ok they using virutal money, but this virtual money have to buy, by real money)

I personally prefer a donation/endorsment system, there the people could decide by there own, what they do but i need to say, that many people out there do not show the respect that should be shown against modders.

Some mod-contentuser out there acting as would every mod-autor just be a personal working slave. You can read it sometimes in the comments to the mods, that may you use.

I will say with that posting, that the content users out there not always can expect to get everything from the mod-autors without doing nothing for them (and the whole discussion in the last days have always hit on that topic).

So plz guys and girls^^, go out and endorse and maybe donate ur favorite mod-autors for what they have done in there own free time. Maybe then, they dont throw there eyes so much after the money.

Edited by taryl80

Mod authors who decided to sell out to a paid system made their bed and they ought to live with it.

As far as I know Chesko is gone and maybe the SkyUI guys.

Would be cool if we could get together a comprehensive list so we know who to boycott in future. I seriously have trust issues with the entire Skyrim mod scene right now.

I'd hate to accidently support a game, or mod, made by someone who so easily sold the modding scene down the toilet... not even just the modding scene.. the entire PC Gaming community.

Imagine if this actually succeded? What games would be next? What if Bethesda decided that "free" mods were no longer allowed and tried to get Nexus shut down?

These modders played with fire which could of killed us all.

Anyway. Chesko is gone, SkyUI maybe and I know Isoku used the paywall so he may have gone as well.

jeez will you listen to yourself,have you learnt nothing

Yes the new generation of NEW MODS, MODDERS deserve to be paid but this system wont work they need to come up with something better, how would you feel if someone bought you car and said "don't worry its on me!" then DECADE(s) later says "hey were the hell is my money you OWE me for that car!!!"