Uh Oh, patch 7

lyshian

So I recently bought DA I for pc and it came with the latest patch. Funny thing is I can't find any information on patch 7. Tried out the mod manager and some mods to no avail. Mostly I tried different ways of using MRM.

So, anyone else have patch 7?

The version of the game with the internal designation of 1.0.0.7 is the publically released "Patch 6". There was a (PC-only) hotfix that incremented the version but didn't get an official patch number.

Based on comments by Mark Darrah, we're all expecting "Patch 7" in May.

Patch 7 has not been released yet (at least not as of last evening).

I'm uncertain what 'MRM' is, so no help there, but I can say with some certainty that the official patches for DAIl have two version numbers, the 'public' version (used by Bioware in release notes and such) and an internal version number, which is +1 to the 'public' one.

So...

Patch 6 has an internal version # of 7... that is the version that appears in the DAI Mod Manager, and in the MFT file for the package.
Patch 5 has an internal version # of 6
Patch 4 had an internal version # of 5

etc.

I believe the inconstant (and confusing) numbering of the patches resulted from the Day 1 patch. Or maybe it was a hotfix for patch 2? (Or was that the Patch 3 that didn't merit Patch notes or a release announcement? So confusing...)

As my posts usually are, a day late and a dollar short. :wallbash:

Edited by theskymoves

Thank you both for the responses. Its helped alot. I'm going to tinker around with it then, see if i can make it work. Aside from the instructions that come with the mods, is there any decent beginner tutorials on modding for Dai?

• 2 weeks later...

The official Patch 7 was released for all platforms on May 5 (or May 6, depending on region.)

Problems with mods made for previous versions of the game need to be addressed by the authors of those mods/mod tools, not here.

Locking this topic as it's now obsolete. :armscrossed: