Three Total Noob Questions

Iddodd

Just awesome. To be honest, I was afraid to ask, because I thought I would have to sift through a bashing. I would have never expected answers this helpful. Thanks so much.

This gives me the distinct impression you've enjoyed the "hospitality" of the Sims mod scene.

I was so into Sims 2 that I decided to start modding. Haha. I wish. Instead, I felt more like a meteor: I careened off the atmosphere and was back in outer space before I even had the chance to go up in flames. In fact, I enjoyed their hospitality so tremendously that I stopped using forums at all ever since. :)

Which brings me to a follow-up question: How do I quote in the Nexus forums? The help page states to "simply click the 'Quote Post Add Reply' button". Now, if I were the "Quote Post Add Reply" button, where would I be?

As for modding Skyrim, I got the game when it came out and thought it was neat but, quite frankly, bone ugly. As a result, I never really got into the groove. A few days ago I stumbled by sheer coincidence over a short clip of an armor mod on youtube, which looked fantastic. Browsing the Nexus library I understand that I will never have the skill you guys have proven, but I like the idea of making something look better. So, I bring these glass baubles here as gifts. Shiny. All I am asking for is settling this island. Well, that and I'll shoot you, if you come back without helping me through my first winter...

And again, thanks so much for all ya'll's answers :)

I was so into Sims 2 that I decided to start modding. Haha. I wish. Instead, I felt more like a meteor: I careened off the atmosphere and was back in outer space before I even had the chance to go up in flames. In fact, I enjoyed their hospitality so tremendously that I stopped using forums at all ever since. :smile:

Which brings me to a follow-up question: How do I quote in the Nexus forums? The help page states to "simply click the 'Quote Post Add Reply' button". Now, if I were the "Quote Post Add Reply" button, where would I be?

As for modding Skyrim, I got the game when it came out and thought it was neat but, quite frankly, bone ugly. As a result, I never really got into the groove. A few days ago I stumbled by sheer coincidence over a short clip of an armor mod on youtube, which looked fantastic. Browsing the Nexus library I understand that I will never have the skill you guys have proven, but I like the idea of making something look better. So, I bring these glass baubles here as gifts. Shiny. All I am asking for is settling this island. Well, that and I'll shoot you, if you come back without helping me through my first winter...

And again, thanks so much for all ya'll's answers :smile:

Yeah, that sounds about right. The Sims modding community is a bit of an anomaly, I've never seen any other modding community quite as toxic as theirs. As for quoting, there should be two buttons in the bottom right of each post, multiquote and quote.

I was so into Sims 2 that I decided to start modding. Haha. I wish. Instead, I felt more like a meteor: I careened off the atmosphere and was back in outer space before I even had the chance to go up in flames. In fact, I enjoyed their hospitality so tremendously that I stopped using forums at all ever since. :smile:

And again, thanks so much for all ya'll's answers :smile:

Watch, and be amazed, as I push the quote button at the bottom right of your post (viewed from a desktop computer) and an exact replica of your post appears at the bottom, underneath a segment that says "reply to this topic."

Now, you need only write a comment (or not) BELOW what you have quoted to add to it.

In addition, I see that these haven't been posted yet, so I suggest you take a gander:

The Skyrim Project Stability Article: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32363/?

A modder's beginner's guide: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56894/?

and a Skyrim Stability Guide: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?

Please pay special attention to these authors when they say to BE CAREFUL what values you change in Skyrim.ini. There's some misinformation going around and if you don't do your homework, bad things can happen.

EDIT: Found a couple more guides buried in my tracking page...

A large list of recommended mods and Skyrim modding guides: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31793/?

A speed and stability guide for ENB when you level up in modding skills: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50214/?

First and foremost, thanks again for any tips you guys share with me. Awesome.

As for quoting, if clicking on the "Quote" button underneath a post would yield any effect at all, I probably could have tweaked it. But it doesn't. It just positions the cursor in the text field of "Reply to this topic" and that's it. If I click on "MultiQuote", then the same happens, except that it also highlights the "MultiQuote" button itself. Any ideas?

I am so glad you asked this and that the community here had an outpouring of help for it. I was having the same issues having just gotten the game on steam sale, specifically so I could mod it to change it from the console version I have. (make it better looking, new quests and areas, more options, more gear, sexy ladies etc.) I was getting very frustrated and overwhelmed with it all since workshop mods aren't working for some reason. My only other experience with mods is back in Morrowind with only a few added, and using premade mod packs for Minecraft. A lot of times communities can be hostile to newcomers but this one has been very supportive even after all the issues with payed mods. (Minecraft mods are going through something similar though not as forced as it was with steam).

TL;DR, even though I'm not the original poster, I am just as new and I appreciate that he asked and all the help giving to him.

I am happy I asked, too :)

As for the Quote button not working, I have no clue what "No Script" even is. What I did notice, though, is that I cannot paste inside the "Reply to this topic" box. Maybe this is an indicator for what is wrong.