ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

GECK crashes while editing NPC's

kungfubellydancer

I'm having a difficult time editing my NPC's, particularly when configuring the face settings, because the GECK crashes over and over again. I couldn't find any information about it on the forums or the official GECK wiki. Is there any way to work around this?

On a side note, if this was fixed by Patch 1.5, I am unable to install it because starting the installation will give me an error message that there is some missing file or .ini. Could this be because Fallout New Vegas was installed in Steam's folder rather than the old Bethesda Softworks folder? How do I install the patch with the new directory?

The NV GECK seems to be very tempermental in that respect. You have to open the face with the "face advanced" tab first, and make sure you close the NPC and save any changes you made before you try to switch to another tab, ESPECIALLY the inventory tab. That's when it always crashes for me. Frustrating and buggy I know, but you just have to be careful and save every step of the way. Hopefully they will soon release an updated version of the NV GECK.

Well, hello there, Herculine! Long time no see, sweety! I see you're still perusing the forums? :D

And, yes, I'll have to take your advice on that. And if they do release a newer version of the GECK, I hope I'll be able to install the darn thing, because Bethesda must realize by now that some users of their games are installing in the Steam directory, not the original Bethesda Softworks directory.