CoT keeps my Skyrim crashed.

RenrewSudoxe

I'm kinda need help for this mods. First of all, I use NMM as my mod manager then launches SKSE from there for the SkyUI.

So here's my problem. Every time I check the CoT Weather patches it always crashes (4 plugins which shown in the picture). I can launch skyrim, but up to the bethesda logo only then it just closes the skyrim.

http://picload.org/image/idippra/help1.png

Those plugins that are inside the black box:

CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-10.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp

So those who can help me thanks very much!

CTD at the logo screen is a classic symptom of mod dependency issues. It's likely that one of the CoT plugin you are using is dependent on another plugin as a master, but that master plugin is missing from your load order. You can use Wrye Bash or TES4Edit to see which CoT plugin is missing a (or more) master, and the file name of that master plugin.

That is not true lanc1. That is false information. If two .esp do the same thing the one loaded last will overwrite the previous one, not cause any crash.

Anyways, you are missing a master file, click on the .esp and check what the masters are, check if you have every master .esp/.esm for these plugins.

From looking at your loadorder, I think you are missing these mods: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27022/? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28110/?

Edited by Noortje

CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp

Do you have supreme storms installed as a mod? If not, you can't use that patch.

Same goes for the other files. Check what the patch is for on the mod page of CoT, and only install the ones you need.

CTD at the logo screen is a classic symptom of mod dependency issues. It's likely that one of the CoT plugin you are using is dependent on another plugin as a master, but that master plugin is missing from your load order. You can use Wrye Bash or TES4Edit to see which CoT plugin is missing a (or more) master, and the file name of that master plugin.

Can I use LOOT for this? Because I kinda don't know how to use the tesedit and wyre bash :v

tes5edit is very easy to use and will tell you exactly which .esp you are missing. Simply start up the program, just click ok when it asks you to select mods, wait for it to finish loading and eventually it will give you an error. Scroll down the list of text and it will tell you which .esp is missing. Add the .esp files you are missing and keep repeating the previous steps until it no longer gives an error. Then you can safely start up your game without instant CTD.

Tutorial:

Edited by Noortje

You should download Wrye Bash and TES4Edit, beause they are essential tools for maintaining modded setups. 1) Either of them will tell you which plugin in your load order is missing a master, so you can either remove that plugin, or download the mod that contains the master plugin you need. 2) After that, you should make a Bashed Patch using Wrye Bash, and you will need TES4Edit to clean plugins when advised by LOOT to do so.

So basically, I advise you to download those utilities now and watch some videos to familiarize yourself with how to use them.

Edited by ripple