Recommended mods for a new beginner?

freakies123

So I just bought skyrim a week ago after it was on sale on steam for like very cheap. I've waiting for this sale for a long time and now I got it. I like the mod community and stuff and would like if anyone of you would help me out a bit. I just learned how to use NMM (nexus mod manager) so I should basically know how to download the mod.

Basically I want to improve the gameplay and quality of the game with mods, but I don't know which one I should use.

If there is anyone out there to willing to help me and choose which mods is recommended for someone new into the game.

I would you to post the link and the name of the mod that is recommended for me to add.

I have played the game about 20-30hrs now and I get really bored of the texture and water.

If you would like to help me please sir/ma'am link the mod down below with the name of the mod thanks.

So I just bought skyrim a week ago after it was on sale on steam for like very cheap. I've waiting for this sale for a long time and now I got it. I like the mod community and stuff and would like if anyone of you would help me out a bit. I just learned how to use NMM (nexus mod manager) so I should basically know how to download the mod.

Basically I want to improve the gameplay and quality of the game with mods, but I don't know which one I should use.

If there is anyone out there to willing to help me and choose which mods is recommended for someone new into the game.

I would you to post the link and the name of the mod that is recommended for me to add.

I have played the game about 20-30hrs now and I get really bored of the texture and water.

If you would like to help me please sir/ma'am link the mod down below with the name of the mod thanks.

Well, that's only MY list of mods you should have, take only what you wanna pick.

Must-Have :

SKSE(needed to run a lot of mods)

SkyUI(saves you a lot of troubles from the weird vanilla UI)

Unofficial Patches(almost essential, fixes almost all vanilla bugs) : Skyrim, Dawnguard, Heartfire, Dragonborn

Enhanced blood textures(really cool, and....BLOOD!)

Realistic ragdolls and force(good to prevent weird death, i even heard of a mod that removes the spinning dance)

Dance of Death(more killmoves and a lot of config for kill moves)

Civil war overhaul(if you think the civil war sucks, you'll love that)

Requiem(really good immersive overhaul)

Sands of time(a really good way to spice up with the randomness card!)

Live another life alternate start(really cool way to start the game without having to go trough the whole intro)

Helgen Reborn(Ever wanted to rebuild this town? )

Death alternative(gives more depths to the death instead of having to reload each time you die)

Legacy of the DragonBorn(My beloved mod! Can't play without it, it will fill your completionist's instincts) A lot of other mods and supported by this mod and they're good aswell, so i do not show them here(because they're in the page).

Elemental dragons(a fun way to add more diversity to dragon encounters, be carefull, they are not weaklings)

AND A LOT OF OTHER WONDERFULL MODS I MAY HAVE FORGOT/JUST DON'T KNOW!

All these are known to be fully compatible(i play actually with all these, and more).

If you have any issues, feel free to ask/pm whatever you want.

Edited by orian34

Well, that's only MY list of mods you should have, take only what you wanna pick.

Must-Have :

Unofficial Patches(almost essential, fixes almost all vanilla bugs) : Skyrim, Dawnguard, Heartfire, Dragonborn

Realistic ragdolls and force(good to prevent weird death, i even heard of a mod that removes the spinning dance)

Live another life alternate start(really cool way to start the game without having to go trough the whole intro)

Death alternative(gives more depths to the death instead of having to reload each time you die)

Legacy of the DragonBorn(My beloved mod! Can't play without it, it will fill your completionist's instincts) A lot of other mods and supported by this mod and they're good aswell, so i do not show them here(because they're in the page).

Elemental dragons(a fun way to add more diversity to dragon encounters, be carefull, they are not weaklings)

All these are known to be fully compatible(i play actually with all these, and more).

I wouldn´t personally recommend Requiem for a complete beginner, because it changes lots of things. I agree with the rest more or less.

SKSE and SkyUI are a must to have, they are the first step to mod your game.

Also if you´re to try Live another life and Helgen reborn, make sure you first install live another life, go to helgen and start the main quest and then install Helgen reborn I think it crashes the game otherwise.

You mentioned water and textures, I´ll recommend all water mods that I ever used and a couple of graphics mods I personally use:

Pure Waters

Pure Waters - Waterfalls

Realistic Water Two

Amidianborn Book of Silence

ELFX Enhanced lights and effects

Skyrim HD

Must-Have :

I wouldn´t personally recommend Requiem for a complete beginner, because it changes lots of things. I agree with the rest more or less.

SKSE and SkyUI are a must to have, they are the first step to mod your game.

Also if you´re to try Live another life and Helgen reborn, make sure you first install live another life, go to helgen and start the main quest and then install Helgen reborn I think it crashes the game otherwise.

You mentioned water and textures, I´ll recommend all water mods that I ever used and a couple of graphics mods I personally use:

Pure Waters

Pure Waters - Waterfalls

Realistic Water Two

Amidianborn Book of Silence

ELFX Enhanced lights and effects

Skyrim HD

Thank you guys. Im going to download them see how it goes. I'll contact again for more or any if it bugs out

The minimum you need for a moded skyrim is SKSE available at silverline.org after downloading you then launch skyrim through SKSE you will also want Loot ( a mod load order thingy ). As for mods to recommend that's tricky as we all like different things I would say play the vanilla game for a bit and you will find yourself thinking I wish the game was like this or that. The chances are that there will be a mod that does what you want also take some time to look through the category's to see what takes your fancy. Be aware not all mods are created equal some are good some are superb some are well lets just say not so good. Have a look at a mods endorsement's and downloads read the comments if its full of this broke my game its not compatible with mods x,y,z and has more bugs than a mangy dog it might be one to leave alone.