NPC Creation In The GECK

MadMax08

if you want to use an armor from another mod, check it also when opening the GECK

but i think that you can only have one active file, and that is the file that you are changing

so if you want to add the armor to one of your new NPCs, you need to set your NPC plugin as active

i think this answers it, right?? :thumbsup:

it does indeed. i will shut up and go tinker for a bit hahaha

alright...you do have a point lol.

say i want to add a weapon to the NPC's inventory with a mod on it. would i have to create an all-new weapon with the mod attached to it to put in the NPC's inventory? because if i'm thinking right, NPCs cant put mods onto weapons. or can they?

as far as i know, modded weapons don't have unique IDs, so you can't actually add a modded weapon into the game

however, it's very easy to make a new weapon, that uses the modded model, as long as one exists

do you need help with this as well, or do you know how to do this??

no, no idea lol. as i said...very limited experience. ideally, i want to add a silencer to a gun. basically you're saying i can create a new gun using an existing modded model?

yes, as long as the model is already made, making the gun is very easy

i'll explain this with one weapon, you can do the same with whatever weapon you choose

let's say that you want your NPC to have a silenced sniper rifle

so you go into the GECK, and in the Object Window, you go Items -> Weapon -> Weapons -> 2handrifle

in the list that you get, you need to find the sniper rifle

right click on it, and choose Edit

now, in the Mod Info tab, you need to find the model that you want to use

now, the next stage can be done in several ways, but i think i have the easiest way, at least when you don't really care about the weapon (meaning that you won't use it yourself)

at the top of the page of the sniper rifle, the first box is ID

change the ID to something unique, then click OK

a message will pop up, asking if you want to make a new form, click Yes to that

now, click on your new rifle, and right click it, and choose Edit

now there are only two more changes that you need (unless you also want the gun to be silent, in which case it's three changes)

go to the Art and Sound tab

in the Model box, you need edit the model in the box, to be the model with the silencer, and then you also need to change the 1st Person Model Object to use the silenced version (not sure if this is really needed, but better safe then sorry)

and still in the same tab, in the Detection Sound Level box change it to whatever you want (for a silenced rifle i would go with normal, for a silenced pistol i would go with silent)

click ok, and your new gun is now ready

just add it to the NPC, save, and you are done :biggrin:

okay, so i got to the part of creating the unique weapon where its in a new form. the problem is i cant locate the model that i need for the silenced weapon (incidentally, i do need to create a silenced sniper rifle). the first person model object shows up as the silenced one, but the regular model...i don't know where to find it.