NPC Creation In The GECK

MadMax08

look in the Mod Info tab

the silenced model is called SniperRifleSuppressor.nif

one thing that you probably need to do, is extract the nif from your BSA, if you haven't unpacked the meshes BSA yet

i would suggest you to open the meshes BSA, and extract only the files that you want, and not all the files

this will save space, and also extracting the folder that has all the body info and such will create a really ugly bug with the heads of characters

hope this solves the problem

yea, that might be the issue actually because i read in another topic about someone needing to extract the BSAs to get to a texture or SOMETHING like that. where would you recommend i extract these files to safely so i dont f*** up my game?

other than this little hiccup, i'm about done with creating the new characters. progress is goood :thumbsup:

Edited by MadMax08

first of all, unpacking the BSA is a safe process, because if you have the files outside of the BSA, the game will use these files

for any file that isn't out of the BSA, the game will use the BSA

also, you do not extract this like any other type of archive

here, it's already built with internal folder paths and all, so when you unpack the BSA, you will get the same folder path the game uses

for instance, if you extract the SniperRifleSuppressor.nif from the meshes BSA, it should be in the following folder path:

Data -> Meshes -> Weapons -> 2HandRifle

so my point is, you don't extract this to wherever you want, you extract it to where the BSA tells you

but like i said before, only extract what you are going to use

believe me, you don't want the hair problems

i hope this answers your question (and i hope i didn't sound angry or something, i guess i'm just tired, and will soon retire for the night)

first of all, unpacking the BSA is a safe process, because if you have the files outside of the BSA, the game will use these files

for any file that isn't out of the BSA, the game will use the BSA

also, you do not extract this like any other type of archive

here, it's already built with internal folder paths and all, so when you unpack the BSA, you will get the same folder path the game uses

for instance, if you extract the SniperRifleSuppressor.nif from the meshes BSA, it should be in the following folder path:

Data -> Meshes -> Weapons -> 2HandRifle

so my point is, you don't extract this to wherever you want, you extract it to where the BSA tells you

but like i said before, only extract what you are going to use

believe me, you don't want the hair problems

i hope this answers your question (and i hope i didn't sound angry or something, i guess i'm just tired, and will soon retire for the night)

nope, i sense no anger through your use of words :P i'm used to staying up late til like 4am (its 830 PM where i'm at, so its not too late), so ill be working on this a good part of the night...and I'm just genuinely inexperienced with the use of this damn thing, so i have a lot of questions about it. but this did answer it, and i found the .nif file.

Edited by MadMax08

yeah, i'm also used to staying up late, but i'm trying not to

back to topic, i'm glad you found what you were looking for

and if you need any more weapons like this, you can use the same method to make them (unless they require a new model, which will require some more work)

and don't worry, we all start from scratch, and learn as we go

believe me, i learned most of what i know, from trying to help others

also, i really enjoy helping others, so i will gladly answer any question that i can

besides, it's even better, knowing that my help will appear on the not-so-big screen :biggrin:

yeah, i'm also used to staying up late, but i'm trying not to

back to topic, i'm glad you found what you were looking for

and if you need any more weapons like this, you can use the same method to make them (unless they require a new model, which will require some more work)

and don't worry, we all start from scratch, and learn as we go

believe me, i learned most of what i know, from trying to help others

also, i really enjoy helping others, so i will gladly answer any question that i can

besides, it's even better, knowing that my help will appear on the not-so-big screen :biggrin:

awesome. and good to know i wont get on your nerves (or anyone else with the same temperament/mindstate for helping others out).

i'm good for right now. ill probably use this topic to pose any questions i have on the geck in regards to making things work for my machinima. and eventually, once this damn thing is all said and done, there will have to be credits. anyone whos helped me or supported me since the beginning (friends, forum-goers, etc) will be listed. but thats at the end and not a priority right now.

Edited by MadMax08

alright, so the NPCs show up in my game but theyre not wearing the armor i gave them, nor is the weapon equipped. and theyre not where i placed them in the GECK, theyre like a foot or so away from where i placed them. how do i make sure their stuff is equipped?

they aren't equipping their armors and weapons??

do they just wear nothing at all, or do they have other items equipped??

also, are you sure that you have added at least 1 of each item to the inventory??

my suggestion to you would be to remove the Essential flag from them (if you made them essential) and then try to kill them (you can use the console command kill on them, instead of doing this yourself)

if they have all the items, they should have them in the inventories (at least as far as i know)

so this should tell you where the problem is

i hope this helps