Seeking scripter to help de-bug my scripts

NellSpeed

I based my Very First Companion on CM Partners. For my second, I'm writing it from scratch-- scripting included-- and could really use some help from someone who actually knows what they're doing. I am NOT asking anyone to do the work for me, however! I've managed to put together scripts by reading & re-reading tutorials & the CS wiki, and by looking at how other modders have approached various functions, and I do feel as if I learned quite a bit from the scripts I've hammered together for other mods I've released.

However, I've run into a big problem: I don't have enough experience to tell when a bug is being caused by another mod in my beta-testers' games (resulting in bugs that I can't seem to duplicate), or if it's just bad work on my part. I suspect that I know just enough to put things together, but not quite enough to weed out the multiple places I could be going wrong. The two big problems seem to be:

• The dreaded double-face bug. I've based my approach on the UOP, but for whatever reasons, it doesn't seem to be working correctly. I have a feeling that by trying to plan for every eventuality (fast-travel, which seems to cause the most problems; regular transitions; summoning) I've actually goofed things up.
    • The current approach: Create a spell that should fix the double-face, and have the NPC cast it in transition. This does not seem to work regularly.
    • One possible solution: Leave it alone, and let downloaders know if they haven't got the UOP, they may want to start using it.

[*]The inventory. Oh, god, the inventory. It seems to work sometimes, if it feels like it. But not always. And sometimes, it seems to aggravate the double-face / double-body / double-whatever problem. I'm reasonably sure that this IS a problem with my scripting.

If anyone with some scripting chops would be willing to check out my esp-- it's bare-bones at the moment, only 14K-- and help me figure how where-- and more importantly, WHY-- I'm going wrong, I'd really appreciate it. I've made a point of commenting my scripts thoroughly, so it should be fairly obvious what I'm trying to do, and why I wrote the script the way I wrote it. (I haven't posted my scripts here because they do require correct use of reference IDs, and maybe have other issues dependent on context.)

Thanks for your time!