TES Construction Set just won't work for me, ideas?

Saromez

Hello,

When I start up the CS (ver. 1.2), I get the "Unable to load CTL File" etc messages, which forces me to close the program.

Other info:

-I'm running Win 7, I am aware of the issues so I installed Oblivion on an external hard drive, and I have the CS, Oblivion, Oblivion Launcher, and OBSE Launcher files all marked to run as admin, which my account is

-My Oblivion version is 1.2.0416, I am playing the GOTA version, and I have all the official DLC installed

-I tried installing the official patches for 1.2.0416 just to be sure, but when I did, oddly enough, It would not patch, it say "Old file not found" a dozen times

-I am not playing a D2D or Steam etc ver. of Oblivion, I installed from a physical 2-disk goty set

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

-I tried installing the official patches for 1.2.0416 just to be sure, but when I did, oddly enough, It would not patch, it say "Old file not found" a dozen times

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

BTW, you don't need to install the official patch for 1.2.0416 because you already have it (as a consequence of loading the disk 2 Shivering Isles of the GOTY edition - it comes with the patch already).