MenuMode...?

GreatLucifer

You calling me Sergio the Slow :D ?!

Ha! No, no. There are unlimited ways for modders & players to kill themselves in-game...

If I remove it, it works like expected (I don't poison myself). With the script effect added, it kills me quite badly :blink:

Odd huh :blink:

Very, very odd, but at least it's a starting point for fixing it! I've never tried to mod poisons in any way, but interestingly, the CS entry on Potions says

Poison?: This display-only field reads "yes" if all the magic effects are negative. Poisons can be applied to weapons.

Maybe the script effect being added to it confuses the engine...?

Seriously, the CS is WEIRD.

Lord Frostcraig, you brought me one step closer.

It wasn't marked with "effect is hostile", which made it act like a potion.Which is also the answer to your post, Nellspeed ;)

I changed it, and found my next problem. It won't kick in when I poison a weapon, only when I actually poison someone.

The point behind all this (me trying to check whether it's used or not), is that I want to keep a fixed amount of bottles in the game (like zelda). I already succeeded for the lantern oil, water, and now the potions (empty and refill system).

Worst case come, I'll give the poisons different bottles, as not to break my own lore and still waist them. But I'd rather find a workaround for this....

Any ideas on how, somehow, to check whether I used my poison (directly)...?

Thanks,

Lucifer

Edited by GreatLucifer

I am indeed doing it like Zelda, all further progress can be seen in the Zelda-thread.

I have decided (sofar) to just give the poisons different bottles, as to make them disposable and not break the lore.

The bottle-system is 'up and running' as we speak.

It is based on what you said Lord Frostcraig, but it works a bit harder.

And my idea (though flexible) is to make the bottles rare, but not so extremely rare as in Zelda. Which is why I love modding, so I can crank it up a notch.

Have ideas? Inspiration? Want to help? Perhaps just follow the updates? Please report in this thread; http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/276760-twilight-princess-swords-and-shields/page__st__60 ;)

Lucifer