(Yet Another) Vampire Overhaul for Oblivion

saadus

First off, let me start by saying, yes vampire overhauls are overdone and there are TONS of them. Yet, all of them fail to grasp one key component.

Races. How is it each race is affected the same way by vampirism? A vampire is the ultimate predator of his/her race. Yet... you just don't feel it. At all. Each race plays the same. Your not an ultimate predator. Your diseased and sadly, no mod has fixed that feeling for me.

So, as one of my first mods since coming back to the scene, I am currently working on an overhaul that will make each race play differently.

For example, High Elves are more magickal than any other race. Wouldn't it make sense then, if vampirism not only increased their natural strength of magicka, but also made them immune to their races' greatest strength? Wouldn't it make sense, as befitting a race as magickal as a High Elf, to be able to wield powerful Blood Magicks and feast that way as well?

However, as powerful as this may seem, each race will have a severe weakness that can allow easy slaying IF you know what to do. I don't want to list what they will be here, as that will ruin the fun.

Sunlight will be extremely effective against Vampires in general. There will be custom Sun spells and weapons that will allow up and coming Vampire Hunters to be effective at holding their ground. Silver will always be effective also, along with Daedric weapons.

Speaking of Vampire Hunters, yes there will be Vamp killers patrolling the cities. You won't be able to recognize them. But they will you, and they will attempt to kill you no matter where you are, even to breaking the law. (Nor am I going to make attacking and killing you legal. As far as the Empire is concern, you are still a citizen and still deserve protection)

The more Fame/Infamy you gain, the more likely Vampire Hunters will come hunting you down personally, to either free of you of your dark curse, or end your growing menace.

Vampire Hunters will be a joinable faction, and will feature a brief, but fun, quest line.

Another note; Vampires already in-game WILL be changed to fit this mod. Don't expect easy vampires. Expect brutality and a bloodbath, especially if you come unprepared.

That is all I am wanting to reveal for now, as I am still working out how I want Vampirism to progress. Rest assured though...you WILL feel like the Ultimate Predator of your race.

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention, feel free to leave your ideas and such in the comments, along with your feelings on such a mod. Thank you.

Edited by saadus

I don't think we can have "too many" vampire overhauls so don't worry about that. :D There's more than just one "version" of the idea so it's expected to see new overhauls about it.

No ideas here I'm afraid, I just wanted to wish you good luck with your project. :)

Thanks =P my only issues is deciding how my buffs will work. On a permanent basis or toggable?

It boils down to the vampire lore you're gonna follow. Are you gonna stick with Oblivion's or you have something else in mind? That being said, I can't remember vampires not having both kinds of buffs.

They will have both. But I mean certain ones. =P and I'm gonna follow oblivion lore as close as I can without reducing vampires to diseased weaklings.

I forgot to ask: When you said "toggleable" you meant the spell will drain magica or it'll be completely free to use? If it's free you might as well make it a permanent buff unless there's a visual change by it.

It will be completely free but when u got inhuman strength. ... maybe have a spell to give u 3 minutes of strength buff once a day? =P or any time u want. I mainly am considering this for leveling reasons.

Once a day for 3 minutes seems good to me but I'm not the right person to tell. xP I never payed much attention to Oblivion's vampires because I'm really into "Vampires the masquerade" lore. I simply ignore anything that's different from that. xD