Spellblade - weapons that fortify magic

Avastgard

I know that "Fortify" enchantments cannot typically be applied to weapons, but I was wondering if this could be achieved through scripting or whatever other magic modders may have up their sleeves.

The reason I am asking this is that I wanted to have weapon enchantments that would make your spells more powerful, so it would actually be worth it to play as a spellblade (i.e. the sword on your right hand would make the spell on your left hand be more powerful or cost less). Is that possible?

I know that "Fortify" enchantments cannot typically be applied to weapons, but I was wondering if this could be achieved through scripting or whatever other magic modders may have up their sleeves.
The reason I am asking this is that I wanted to have weapon enchantments that would make your spells more powerful, so it would actually be worth it to play as a spellblade (i.e. the sword on your right hand would make the spell on your left hand be more powerful or cost less). Is that possible?

Apocalypse features a sword and sorcery spell that does, iirc, 25% increased damage if you equip a weapon and a spell. Tailored for spellblades as it were. It has a ton of other neat spells too.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16225/?

The script would be attached to the weapon and it's basically this:

ScriptName Whatever extends ObjectReference

Spell Property SpellToAdd Auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
	akActor.AddSpell(SpellToAdd, false)
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped(Actor akActor)
	akActor.RemoveSpell(SpellToAdd)
EndEvent

Fill the property with the spell.

The spell itself should just contain the constant fortify magic effect (vanilla should work)

The script would be attached to the weapon and it's basically this:

ScriptName Whatever extends ObjectReference

Spell Property SpellToAdd Auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
	akActor.AddSpell(SpellToAdd, false)
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped(Actor akActor)
	akActor.RemoveSpell(SpellToAdd)
EndEvent

Fill the property with the spell.

The spell itself should just contain the constant fortify magic effect (vanilla should work)

Thanks for the help. I might try this in the future.

Apocalypse features a sword and sorcery spell that does, iirc, 25% increased damage if you equip a weapon and a spell. Tailored for spellblades as it were. It has a ton of other neat spells too.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16225/?

Yes, I had found Spellblade before, but the description did not mention what I asked on this thread. So I left a question at the mod's page and came here to gather more information about other mods that possibly do that. Lucky me, just as I posted this question, the author of Spellblade replied saying that his mod has this same feature and is on the imminence of getting a major update this week.

Edited by Avastgard