Favorite Things in a House

nwnicwilli

Houses  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite thing in a house?

• Alchemy Sorter
    • Companion Room
    • Mannequins
    • Armory
    • Den/Throne room
    • Guards
    • Shops/Vendors
    • Other (say below)

What's something you can absoloutely can't live without in a house?

Are you a busy alchemist and require a potion/ingredient sorter?

or are you a Companion Hoarder and need a nice cozy room to store all those guys and gals?

Let me know below, because I am trying to make a nice house and I want to know some features that everybody likes so I can be sure to add them in.

Edited by nwnicwilli

I choose other because I prefer a character themed home, like for a warrior or stealth or mage type. It helps with role playing and also, it has to be properly path grided! Path grids are essential so companions don't try to walk over tables or into walls. Another thing I like is houses where the modder understands clutter and clutters the place full with relevent misc items. Lots of storage space with safe containers is a must. But above all, the exterior HAS to look and fit into the town or landscape. For instance, don't put a skingrad home in Chorrol because it's going to look awful and break immersion.

And....NO COBL

Edited by dunmermaiden

What's something you can absoloutely can't live without in a house?

Are you a busy alchemist and require a potion/ingredient sorter?

or are you a Companion Hoarder and need a nice cozy room to store all those guys and gals?

Let me know below, because I am trying to make a nice house and I want to know some features that everybody likes so I can be sure to add them in.

The COBL Alchemy sorter(s) and the Luggage!

Storage and display cases that the companions cannot get into.

A display area/room/hall for displaying keepsakes and mannequins with special armors.

A nice stable for the horse(s) with hay and water.

A living room with a fireplace, chairs, and table for the wine, glasses, and book(s) where to pass a rainy day.

An outdoor sitting area with a view.

A kitchen/food prep area with the cooking fireplace/oven and food storage, prep table, dish storage (butler's pantry).

Light! I hate dark houses.

For cooking stoves (fireplaces), I have a mod where it comes up with a menu asking you what you want to make and you choose what you want and depending on the real life prep-time, that's how long it'll take to make. Like stew, will take 24 hours while muffins will take an hour. Some items can be instantly cooked but don't have that good of quality.

As for a display area, my neighbor made me some meshes of display cabinets with a beautiful steel frame that's in the shape of a dragon going around the outside (he used it for one of his Akaviri mods but never released it).

I can add pretty much most things people want. I can make a COBL version and a non-COBL version.

Big or small houses?

Companion Lodging?

Quests?

Working Staff?

For cooking stoves (fireplaces), I have a mod where it comes up with a menu asking you what you want to make and you choose what you want and depending on the real life prep-time, that's how long it'll take to make. Like stew, will take 24 hours while muffins will take an hour. Some items can be instantly cooked but don't have that good of quality.

As for a display area, my neighbor made me some meshes of display cabinets with a beautiful steel frame that's in the shape of a dragon going around the outside (he used it for one of his Akaviri mods but never released it).

I can add pretty much most things people want. I can make a COBL version and a non-COBL version.

Big or small houses?

Companion Lodging?

Quests?

Working Staff?

small and cosy

yep or a live in flatmate that pays board or rent

always more fun

only if paid wages

Since most popular house mods almost always have ample storage, plenty or room for companions, and the other essentials, the only thing that I look for in a house is something really special. It may be the amount of new meshes and textures, a very cool setting (like in the sky or hanging on the side of a cliff), or just all the secret areas.

Oh, if anybody wants I could dig up my old Vampire Cave named (Red Lagoon). The water in the cave was blood, hence the name, and there was a platform with a house/exterior in it's own pocket dimension with some other great features.

I voted other because I like two things in a house mod.

1. Exterior houses(houses with interiors in the

Tamriel worldspace, so you get no loading screens and

Proper windows you can see out of).

2. Furnature with havok so you can move

Furnature around.