Ashes to Ashes - A Mount&Blade: Warband RP

AurianaValoria1

"Aye, me boys can let em loose faster 'an I could tell em to." Cair answered. "Of course, these arrows are a might bit expensive so's we're not too eager to waste em without good and proper cause ya see." He said as he squatted down and picked a leaf up from the ground. "But seeing as you's folks are after their bounty how's about this? You go right on and take their heads for the claim, me and my boys get the coin and goods they got scattered about the place, and we all keep our bits and pieces where they are, that sound good? Doubt you folks have carts enough to carry it all anyways." He said as he twirled the leaf around with his fingers.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellatrix glanced at Komolov and shifted in her seat atop Cameron's warhorse, her lips a thin line and her jaw set. Her sword still in hand, she pointed to the fallen bandits with the weapon and replied, "Well then...go ahead. What are you waiting for, if you want their goods so badly?" She tilted her chin upwards, "Or are you too afraid to get close?"

"Comfortable's more like." Cair answered with a grin, not taking the warrior woman's bait. "Asides, your business wit' em'll be faster than ours, so you go on ahead, we'll wait right here and watch for any surprises."

Bjorn rolled his eyes at this pointless mistrust between the bandit and Bellatrix. He hefted up his axe and brought it down on the neck of a dead bandit, then batted the head aside and followed suit on another corpse, tossing the heads into a pile as he went along.

"Just collect te' damn 'eads an' be done wit' this." He growled, ignoring the piercing pain in his side as he felled the axe on another head before kicking it into the growing pile.

Komolov had hoped that the arrogant bandits would have taken the bait set forth by Bellatrix and himself by coming into view as they began to loot their dead comrades, but it seemed that their sheer arrogance somehow did not outweigh their intelligence. After viewing Cair's nigh-victorious smirk and Bjorn's defeated act of collecting heads, Komolov quickly thrust his halberd into the earth before angrily, albeit painfully, retrieving his composite bow from his shoulder and drawing back an arrow; the action immediately infuriated the wounds on his right bicep and left forearm, but Komolov deemed the pain from those wounds worth it to slay at least one more annoying marauder.

"Then collect your blood money from your 'friends' in the depths of fire and brimstone, you greedy bastard." Komolov shouted irritably before loosing the arrow, the snap of his bow followed by his pained groan as the arrow soared towards the only still-breathing bandit in sight; Cair.

Once the arrow flew, Komolov immediately dropped his bow, grabbed his halberd, and dashed for the nearest tree to shelter behind.

Anger past the boiling point at the bandit's bandying about, Bellatrix spurred Aristide into a charge with a cry, "Finish them!" She did not care how many of his outlaw comrades there were, nor how quickly they could loose their arrows. They would die or be taken prisoner if they somehow survived: those were their only options. The sword sister bent close over Aristide's armored neck as the charger swiftly closed the distance between her and the treeline. If the bandits would not come out on their own, she would flush them out herself with mount and blade...

"Oh, this is rich." Cameron commented drily as some stranger or another made his "grand appearance" out of the trees. "I'm entirely certain the- how many did you say - fifty? Arrows that you refer to are not, in fact, being fired all at once. That would require either an equal number of men that somehow escaped the notice of both the camp and our scout, or you're utilizing creative wording in a flimsy attempt at an air of intimidation." He rolled his eyed, keeping his shield covering most of his body. "So unless you desire me to cut you down, retreat back to whatever rat's warren you crawled out of and perhaps I won't leave your body amongst the others." I don't need my steed to provide this service, he thought.

Almost as an afterthought, he tilted his head about and said, "Nord, perhaps you've taken a few hits too many to the head, but it is not the wisest tactic to turn your back on a possible enemy."

Once it turned out to be a battle, Cameron's eyes flashed as he surged forwards, keeping his shield in front of him and closing the gap between himself and the bandit leader and his archers rather quickly, readying his blade to spill blood... and the more of it spilled, the better.

Bjorn picked up a nearby shield, it already had a few arrowheads dug into it. It was battered, ill repaired and worn to near uselessness but he knew he would never get within axe-reach of the archers without it. He hefted the shield up and kicked the last head into the pile that would be useful in proving their bounty to the local Lord. He ignored the Swadian's remark and instead watched the treeline. He had a sudden feeling this would turn bad, and sure enough it did.

He raised his shield when an arrow struck near him just in time for the shield to reflect a arrow as it struck, the arrow spun wildly in the air and landed next to him as he bent down to hide his legs behind the shield. He looked at the arrow, it's shaft was warped and the arrowhead was bent, which is why it didn't penetrate his shield. He whispered a prayer to the gods at his fortune.

"M'lady Bellatrix!" He shouted as he saw her charge the tree line. The Nord growled and stood before charging the treeline with his shield raised. He felt the arrows impact the shield, one popped through and nearly caught him in the eye. He felt his side burn with pain as he ran what felt like miles to his target. An arrow whizzed by his ear, another grazed his ankle but the armor plate attached to the front of his boot deflected it. It began to swell with pain but he could still run so he knew it was not broken.

"Lady Bellatrix!" He yelled as he charged the treeline, raising his axe and leaping into the fray, axe raised and ready.

Edited by Macman253

The second Komolov reached for his bow the field erupted into chaos. To say that fifty arrows were let loose all at once would certainly be an exaggeration, however the near constant stream of them was certainly a sight to behold. Under the cover of the arrows, Cair scrambled back into the treeline, barely escaping Komolov's arrow which had passed close enough that Cair could swear he felt the feathers tickle the side of his face.

"Well that went well!" Yelled out a member of Cair's crew as he let loose another arrow before moving back to the next tree.

"Don't wanna hear it Rowan!" Cair screamed as he bolted between the trees with his men, further into the woods. They weren't about to meet these folk head to head, spread out as they were.

They had set up camp not too far from the tree line on the far side of a creek bed, the uneven footing and steep hill on the far side where they had made their camp provided them with the terrain advantage should they be followed in further.

"Call me paranoid again Ennis! Go on and do it!" Cair growled angrily at the large, blonde haired bowmen that was crossing the creek next to him.

"Yer'a right and bloody paranoid sow!" Yelled Ennis as he started the climb up the hill. "Wasn't the bandits that charged us, but these folk! Cha ever think to tell em ya wanted to return the goods to the village ya daft bastard?"

"Lets not curse each other for past misfortunes."

"How's about for yer stupidity?"

"Well if it makes ya feel better.... I might just join in that." Cair replied with a laugh as the rest of his men joined them up on the hill and made a grab for their swords and shields.

"How's about I call for a parley when they get here eh? Maybe uhh...talk things over some more?" Cair asked hopefully.

"I don't think they're tha talken type, Mac Naidh." Ennis said with a scoff.

"Could be when they're not in the fighten mood." Cair said with a shrug as him and his five other men erected a shield wall.

Upon seeing the small number of bandits flee before her, deeper into the forest, and hearing Bjorn calling her name as well, Bellatrix wheeled Aristide around on his heels, the charger half rearing as he slid to a halt. The thought flashed across her mind that they might lead her directly into an ambush, and with night shrouding them, it was best not to risk something so dangerous. Swallowing her rage and her desire for battle, she spurred the warhorse back towards the clearing, "Leave them! Let them go! Sort through the loot and take only what is both intact and useful or valuable at the market. Then let us leave quickly, before the cowards can muster enough courage or men to stop us."

She at last slid from Aristide's back in the middle of the clearing, giving the warhorse three solid pats on his thick neck for his loyal service. Then, taking his armored face gently in hand, she planted a firm kiss on the exposed part of his velvety muzzle, "There's a good boy, yes indeed. You're gonna get a treat when we get back to town."

Glancing to Cameron, Bellatrix grinned, "You've got a good one here, sir knight. I thank you for allowing me to ride him."