Liking to play male characters does not equal gay

Deleted472477User

My characters to me are like story characters, and though I roleplay as if I were them, I guess, making their choices for them based on cues and history and anomalies that happen during gameplay, I do not see them as me, though I have modeled one character on me, (my first one, but she quickly became a much better person then I am). My most enjoyable character ever was the one I modeled on my husband. I didn't expect to like playing a male character, but he was so interesting and it was so neat "getting inside his head" that I found him the most pleasurable of all, and he was so cute to boot! :)

By way of example, I have a rule that I always play the oblivion tutorial, and whatever Baurus guesses, is the class I get. He actually guessed assassin for my husband's character, which is what I wanted him to be. If there's a game glitch, I write it into the story, for example my good character I mentioned above somehow got a knights of the nine glitch which made all animals friendly to her permanently. I wrote it in, it suited her perfectly of course.

thats all good n dandy, HM, but i just don't understand why gay men are unnaceptable, mostly, when gay women are just fine!

That's easy enough. It's a culture dominated by straight men who coincidentally enjoy watching two (or more) women do the dirty deed with each other. Present company included. Women are nicely shaped and for most guys, watching two of them go at it certainly beats watching cooking shows or the stock market ticker on CNN.

And yes, it does turn completely hypocritical to turn that preference of gay and bi-sexual women into disdain for gay and bi-sexual males. It's really no one's inherent business what orientation someone else is. Certainly not to the point where we feel the need to insult (and sometimes destroy) gay males.

Absolutely not, playing a male character does not explain your sexuality. For a good measure of games, a guy is all you got to play and that was ok, what was so wrong about a male getting attached to a male character? It's like being attached to a teddy bear. You know it isn't real but you want to believe it is, that the story behind it is deeper than the face that has be manufactured.

Now I will admit, I prefer to play as a female, but it's not because I'm pervert or I want to be one, cause that is certainly not true. It's all behind the gaming experience, the storyline and reactions. I want to see from a womens point of view how their lives are lived and how others treat them because of their sex, and Fallout 3 and other RPG's do an fantastic job of displaying a difference you get when not choosing to play as a male. The point here is that what's better when in a gaming universe, what choices that you make will have the greatest end desire in the final outcome.

Here's my two cents.

Anyone you says "Oh you play as girls...so you wanna be one, right?". Hardly. I do use male characters, although I prefer to play as female characters. Why do I prefer the girls? If I'm going to be playing a game for extended periods I want something nice to look at, like say, a girl's shapely little tush or a curvacious figure. However, I seldom if ever have my girls run around nude (sure the outfit might be a bit skimpy, but never trashy - I don't like girls like that because I used to date one).

Now, when I do play as a guy, all the dudes I have are rather good looking. C'mon guys! Who wouldn't want to be a suave, dashing, and debonaire hero who gets the girl? Especially if in reality you are kinda of average looking and don't get the girl. And some of this is for the same reason, if I am going to be looking at a dude, make him asthetically pleasing.

Basically, what pleases your eyes?

Nothing more, nothing less

This hits the nail right on the head - Nyx is absolutely right. For all the years that I have modded ES games, (10 years?) I have been called 'gay' for it. If I was gay, I'd be making tit mods and girly things. As Nyx correctly points out, some gamers and modders are women with a healthy sex drive. Also, contrary to some poeple's opinion when they see my mods, I also have a full sex life. I don't NEED to get my jollies off in a computer game like that sad friendless nerd in the basement. I'm sure a lot of the problems come from a combination of guys insecure in their sexuality, guys who feel threatened when women treat them like sex objects - hey, guess what - we girls have had to live with that for time uncountable! If we can handle it, why can't you?

The human race as a whole needs to grow up and drop the out-dated Victorian values. Nothing wrong with anatomy, nothing wrong with skin, nothing wrong with genitalia. We all have them. We'd be pretty useless without them. So why the big deal over showing it? I dunno. I don't understand it. The fleshly body (whether human or animal) is a marvelous machine, something that should be revered and celebrated for its complex perfection, not hidden away in shame.

Lastly, I play male characters exclusively (used to play both, but could never gel with a female one) for several reasons, which are just as good as a guy's reasons for playing a female.

I play in 3rd-person. I'd rather look at a man's pert bum than a woman's.

I put a lot of time and effort into their skins, hours and hours of work. Why then cover it up all the time?

I play mage characters, not tanks. Mages have access to shield spells. Makes full-covering armour a moot issue. I like my mage boys flamboyant and without shame of their bodies. Robert's male body is a fine work, so why cover it?

I like to play most of my characters as gay or bisexual men. I like gay men. More man candy on screen for me!

Does this make me gay? No. If I was gay, I'd be playing just the same way, but with females.

AlienSlof, I love your mods and use them whenever I can. And I absolutely agree with everything you have said here. I play both male and female characters, but mostly male, and pretty much for the same reasons you have mentioned. I like to look at men's bodies more than I like to look at women's. Although the modders out there do great work on both, and some of the female characters are striking as well. I am totally overwhelmed at the work you all do. I cannot imagine why anyone would think that the characters one chooses would have anything to do with ones sexuality; and more importantly, who cares?? Gay, straight, bi-sexual. We are all gamers, hopefully having a good time, playing the game the way we most enjoy it. Anyway, thanks for your comments. I really enjoyed reading them. And please keep your great mods coming. They are the best!

I play a mix of male and female characters, because plain and simple I like looking at both. Both have pretty bodies and are pleasing to my eyes. If I play girl characters it's nearly always someone I know or myself, for males, it's all make believe and I enjoy creating them to have their own personalitys and up and downs issues and baggage. All the stuff real life dishes out over time. But always play randomly. Sometimes I'm a evil sod who is doing the main quest to show dagon I am a force to be reckoned with and I let Farwill die cause he gets in my way one too many times and other times it's more honorable to rid the world of all evil.

I don't care if I'm called gay, to be honest, I've always thought gay men look sexy together same as lesbians. Gender doesn't matter to me.

>snip<

C'mon guys! Who wouldn't want to be a suave, dashing, and debonaire hero who gets the girl? Especially if in reality you are kinda of average looking and don't get the girl. And some of this is for the same reason, if I am going to be looking at a dude, make him asthetically pleasing.

Basically, what pleases your eyes?

Nothing more, nothing less

"Looks" also comes from the inside, male or female, fantasy or real world :cool:

I play as male characters because 1) roleplaying is easier and 2) I actually much prefer the male form--I know not everyone who plays as a guy does, but I do.

If someone plays mostly male or mostly female characters, it's just no concern of mine. If I did not want to see something, I will move on and try different search terms. No need to comment on things I don't like--after all, if you haven't got anything nice or constructive to say, just don't bother.

That is absolutely not true, how would playing with a male player character make a male gamer"gay"? I personally like to mix things up and play with characters of both sexes, because I want to explore different ways of role playing. If you prefer playing with characters of one sex as opposed to the other, all that means is, that's just how you like to play your game. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/smile.gif Edited by Lehcar