ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

esp vs esm and navmesh bugginess?

davidlallen

In my mods, I have simply deleted vanilla objects and there is no observed weirdness. I have only done this for random landscape objects such as trees which were in the way of the building I wanted to add; I am sure if the object was the subject of some quest, then it would not be safe to delete.

Suppose I want to put a new building in the main worldspace, and there is a tree there. I can't rebuild the LOD to make my new building appear anyway. So I just delete the tree. Putting it underground and disabled won't be any better, as far as I can tell.

• 5 months later...

sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but i gots a question seems you guys would have the answer for...

my mod adds tons of navmeshes but only in 1 new worldspace, and 2 new interior cells.

there is 1 NPC but she NEVER moves. on purpose, she's a hologram who always loads correctly, no hair or skin issues.

i have never experienced any navmesh issues and thats with constant multiple loads of these cells.. in fact i haven't had reports of nav issues from the users either. This is basically a crazy far out version of a home mod so people are in and out of it constantly.

this mods been up for a while and i update it often usually (every few days) and usually get around 50 non-unique downloads with each update so i figure there's plenty of people who are coming back for new updates regularly and not reporting any issues.

this file has never been an .esm

if im not having any problems and have never experienced them, is there an advantage to converting to esm?

seems like a lot of work with no clear advantage outside of being able to write plugins for it.. which i really don't need and with the nature of this mod there isn't really a demand for it anyway.