ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

OBGEv2 First Person Clipping Issue

I'm having a small but annoying issue in first person mode while playing Oblivion with OBGE enabled. It seems whenever I'm very close to a building, tree, npc or any other object in the game my character's arms/equipment just clip right through it. I'm really not sure what is causing it, all I know is that if I forcefully disable the OBGEv2.dll file, none of my shaders work but I have no first person clipping issues. I have tried loading the plugin with no shaders enabled and I still have clipping issues. I have taken some screenshots to better clarify what I'm talking about. They are posted below. I would really appreciate any feedback with this issue. Thanks!

Oblivion Version: 1.2.0416 (Official)

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Wrye Bash Mod List

Example1

Example2

Example3

Example4

Example5

Edited by Guest

Seems to me like you're too close to your skeleton . . . And Oblivion has a problem with clipping . . . I just get over it. And I don't think it's OBGEv2. It's just the game itself. Take a step back and you'll be fine. :biggrin:

Seems to me like you're too close to your skeleton . . . And Oblivion has a problem with clipping . . . I just get over it. And I don't think it's OBGEv2. It's just the game itself. Take a step back and you'll be fine. :biggrin:

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying but, I do believe it may be an issue with the OBGE. Like I said in the original post, when I disable it (or purposefully break it) I have no first person clipping issues, which means I can get as close to the skeleton as I want without it mysteriously bleeding through my solid metal shield. The game, unmodded, also does not have this issue. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of a fix for this that doesn't require disabling OBGE. Thanks.

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...