New Engine O.o

coilsofthesnake

These things are great, but they don't in any way depend on what engine is being used for the game at all.

Ah, but with Oblivions mess of an engine, it did :P Who knows, they might make the new engine do the same.

(Dual wielding was a engine limitation. Adding new skills was an engine limitation, but more likely hard coded. But dual wielding defintely was a limitation of Oblivion's engine :thumbsup:)

These things are great, but they don't in any way depend on what engine is being used for the game at all.

Ah, but with Oblivions mess of an engine, it did :P Who knows, they might make the new engine do the same.

(Dual wielding was a engine limitation. Adding new skills was an engine limitation, but more likely hard coded. But dual wielding defintely was a limitation of Oblivion's engine :thumbsup:)

You are confusing the engine with the way the game was made. The engine is underneath the programming of the game, not the same thing. Fallout 3 has the same engine as Oblivion, so by your line of logic, it must have exactly 21 skills divided into three catergories within an identical character creation menu. Heck, by your definition of "engine", it really is a good thing we're getting a new one, or we'd be getting a complete clone of Oblivion.

The engine defines how your computer goes about rendering, animating, texturing, and calculating the way objects interact within the environment. It does stuff like that.

Unstable stuttering? I think thats on your end. I play max details no stuttering of any kind.

Now throw in a mess load of mods, bunches of HD texture packs, and I might stutter in a huge battle once or twice.

Unstable stuttering? I think thats on your end. I play max details no stuttering of any kind.

Now throw in a mess load of mods, bunches of HD texture packs, and I might stutter in a huge battle once or twice.

You have a point, my system does suck. :P

But what I'm trying to say is, if you don't have an uber-build which is the majority of us, we are bound to get lag here or there.

I mean maybe they could make the game more friendly towards people like me.

Edit: Also *jealous*

Edited by MadMike710

I see what you're saying. They did do a good job on Oblivion as far as making it better for low end systems, IMO, though. On my old school 128mb GPU desktop, I could actually play oblivion with better settings than other games of similar quality. However higher FPS with the same graphics is always a good thing!