Easily accesible from Russia?

Loktyre

Towards the end of the year my family and I have planned to go back to Russia to visit my grandmother.

I noticed that many of the servers are localized here in the US but have never seen one located as a mirror somewhere in Europe.

I'll be taking my laptop to play NV and FO3 so I am curious to know how easily accessible the mods here on Nexus, and the Nexus in general would be half way across the globe on a bad connection.

56 k connection, probably have wifi but I doubt it.

Here at home (sunny but rainy) in California I get between 200kb a second to 4 MB a second on my current connection depending which mirror I connect to (usually Seattle gives me the best possible D/L speed). Of course here I have FIOS and Wifi... so... Not a problem.

Thank you!

Edited by Loktyre

Duno, got a good conection but im pretty far away from the servers.

I think if u are only using 56k conection its not gona matter where u are its gona be slow anyway/

I think if u want to download regular mod its not so big a deal but if u get something that is having textures, or other big stuff then u should go to internet cafe or something to download it.

The United Kingdom is part of Europe, believe it or not.

Onthatnotehowaboutamirrordownunder?

:) I knew that. And Australia is a province in Canada... :P

Since it's not a weekend adventure and really I know nothing of Russia I thought I would put forth my ignorance and ask away. :P

I look forward to seeing what mods come out near the end of the year. I'll be spending the last month of the year there and although no one cares... It is an issue for me.

Anyways, thank you everyone for your answers.