Mr Burke

Lehcar

I’m disappointed Burke leaves when you disarm the bomb. He’s a very interesting and deliciously wicked character and had a lot of potential for character development and other dark side-quests. Even if you go along with his plan he doesn’t have much to add. Hell, the first time I played the game I don’t think I even met him and I was convinced the Talon hit squad was some kind of secret quest I’d stumble into somewhere down the line.

As for the second play-through, yeah, we were mates then.

• 1 month later...

Hell, the first time I played the game I don’t think I even met him and I was convinced the Talon hit squad was some kind of secret quest I’d stumble into somewhere down the line.

I believe you can trigger the talon attacks if you have a good karma. You can also have the regulators come after you if you are evil.

OT: I do think it strange that the only involvement there is between this man and the player is one assignment out of the blue to destroy a town. Of course, there isn't much one can do to top that. Maybe a mission to knock out raven rock or the citadel, but that just feels like an odd thing for Tenpenny to want done.

I believe you can trigger the talon attacks if you have a good karma. You can also have the regulators come after you if you are evil.

OT: I do think it strange that the only involvement there is between this man and the player is one assignment out of the blue to destroy a town. Of course, there isn't much one can do to top that. Maybe a mission to knock out raven rock or the citadel, but that just feels like an odd thing for Tenpenny to want done.

Yep, if you have good karma and still never speak with Burke, Talon still goes after you. Same thing for Regulators. Although I still believe if you raid the HQ of either side, the attacks should stop. That's just me though; seems to make sense.

There is still Arefu, the Republic of Dave, Reily's Rangers area, and depending on if you use FOOK or not, several other hideout encampments that could serve as 'eye sores'.

Honestly, I have yet (after how long with this game?) picked the lock at his house in Megaton. I'm not even sure why, after he vanishes, it's still locked. Anyone feel like indulging my curiosity and stating whats in there? I'm at work right now, otherwise I would just look myself.

Yep, if you have good karma and still never speak with Burke, Talon still goes after you. Same thing for Regulators. Although I still believe if you raid the HQ of either side, the attacks should stop. That's just me though; seems to make sense.

Nope. I've gone through Fort Bannister like the wrath of ghod, and "visited" Takoma Park, Grayditch, the Capital Building and south of Arlington. No signs of any respawning at those places AND the Talon hit squads still keep showing up. Not that I mind - gotten rich selling their stuff, and the folks at Bigtown are VERY well-protected thanks to their hardware.

There is still Arefu, the Republic of Dave, Reily's Rangers area, and depending on if you use FOOK or not, several other hideout encampments that could serve as 'eye sores'.

Honestly, I have yet (after how long with this game?) picked the lock at his house in Megaton. I'm not even sure why, after he vanishes, it's still locked. Anyone feel like indulging my curiosity and stating whats in there? I'm at work right now, otherwise I would just look myself.

Used the console to get the key to Burke's house once. Nothing worth the bother - a couple of suits and a pistol. The house itself is just a smaller version of your own Megaton House, with less storage and no extras.

Of course, there are always mods .... Seems to me very silly that the folks of Megaton would just abandon that place. It is said a few times that Megaton living space is at a premium, so surely they would put the house on the market or otherwise make use of it ASAP.

Edited by 7thsealord

Nope. I've gone through Fort Bannister like the wrath of ghod, and "visited" Takoma Park, Grayditch, the Capital Building and south of Arlington. No signs of any respawning at those places AND the Talon hit squads still keep showing up. Not that I mind - gotten rich selling their stuff, and the folks at Bigtown are VERY well-protected thanks to their hardware.

I didnt convey my meaning well enough: I knew raiding the HQ's didnt stop anything, I was just expressing my beliefs that it should. It would make sense that if there wasnt an HQ, or a Talon/Regulator force to speak of anymore, then the attacks should probably stop. However, like you said, I dont really mind either. Talon armor is decent at lower levels and sells well.

Used the console to get the key to Burke's house once. Nothing worth the bother - a couple of suits and a pistol. The house itself is just a smaller version of your own Megaton House, with less storage and no extras.

Of course, there are always mods .... Seems to me very silly that the folks of Megaton would just abandon that place. It is said a few times that Megaton living space is at a premium, so surely they would put the house on the market or otherwise make use of it ASAP.

Yeah I did a search for mods involving Burkes home, but didnt really see anything that seemed interesting enough that I should DL when I got home. I dont suppose you are aware of any? I already use the Bunker 72 house mod for the Player Home in Megaton; using Burkes home for one reason or another would just be... I dont know, almost poetic justice in a sense. Try and blow up the town? Good. Now I use your home to store dead bodies (not really sure what I would store in there, or what it would be used for; still).

Yeah I did a search for mods involving Burkes home, but didnt really see anything that seemed interesting enough that I should DL when I got home. I dont suppose you are aware of any? I already use the Bunker 72 house mod for the Player Home in Megaton; using Burkes home for one reason or another would just be... I dont know, almost poetic justice in a sense. Try and blow up the town? Good. Now I use your home to store dead bodies (not really sure what I would store in there, or what it would be used for; still).

Sorry, nothing comes to mind.

There are several mods that put all sorts of stuff under the Megaton House. Many of which are very very cool, but I always have ... difficulty wrapping my head around the "Why?" part. Surely Lucas Simms or Moira or whomever would have looked in at some point, if only to clear out the previous occupant's stuff. At which point, they might have thought something like "Gee. I wonder where that mysterious hatch in the middle of the living room floor leads to?" or even just "This house is WAY better than mine. I'll swap from my old place - put that up for sale / whatever instead.....".

On the other hand, maybe everybody in Megaton secretly has a personal vault hidden under their homes. Could explain a lot.

Tweaking one of the aforementioned mods so it is instead hidden under Burke's place (his secret HQ?) and perhaps the basis for a quest or two would seem one way to go.

Edited by 7thsealord