i'm sort of overwhelmed..could someone help me?

rpcrazy

I played oblivion when it came but never beat it(it was on someone else's xbox360). So here I am, waiting for dead space 2 and a bunch of other good games for 2011 and I bought oblivion to hold me over...I saw on kotaku an article about a modding community and holy crap are you guys huge....i'm completely overwhelmed. SO! Could anyone suggest any mods for me? I would basically welcome any mod that improves the game without altering the difficulty or direction of the original. e.g. new quests, new "events", new companions, new areas, better look, better model, stuff like that. can anyone help me?

well, there are all too many mods to start listing them

so i can suggest you a way to find good mods

on the Nexus page, there should be several options on the right side

i would suggest you to go to the Top 100 page, and then click on the most endorsed of all time option

this will give you the 100 most endorsed mods in the specific Nexus, which should hold many mods that you should be able to enjoy (though there are probably some mods that will alter the difficulty of the game, such as Deadly Reflex, so read about the mods before getting them)

also, i would suggest you to click on the Browse Categories option

then, select the category that you want (for instance Weapons)

then in the window you get, there should be two boxes that you can modify

set the first to either downloads or endorsements, and the second to Desc

this will show you the most endorsed or most downloaded mods in that category, in a descending order, so the best are first

so scan through the mods, read the descriptions, and download if it fits you

hope this helps :)

also, i would strongly suggest that you read how to install mods, and that you get OBSE, OBMM and Archive Invalidation before you start adding mods, to make sure that your game will work properly, and not just crash every time