Can someone Help me make my Model Usable

Semetric

If anyone can guide or help me make my weapon model into a usable Weapon within FONV that would be great cause I have no clue how to do it.

I can make the meshe but I cant get the Layout of the Texture to be right and have no clue how to configure the item/weapon in nifscope. I've watched so many tutorials and nothing ticked correctly.

Here's a Link to my Mesh/Model

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39342

I also have MSN: [email protected]

Thank you all

Hi!

First of all u have your file set to hidden so nobody can download it!

Anyway. To get a texture to fit onto your mesh,

Open up a uv image editor window in blender.

U gotta make a uv map for it. in edit mode if you hit u and select unwrap it makes the uv map for you.

Its all the faces of your mesh laid out flat on a 2 dimensional picture.

Uou can make seams on some edges of your mesh to change how it flattens out. think of it like cutting edges of a cardboard box to make it easy to flaten it out.

Just select the edges u want to make seams on and hit ctrl - e and they will turn orange. then unwrap it.

Go into uv menu of uv image editor window and choose scripts > save uv face layout. IT will save the image of your uv so you can use as a texturing guide for it.

In the link and materials panel of the editing tab of buttons window when your in edit mode u can select the material datablock.

You gotta set up your material datablock so goto texture panel of shading tab of buttons window and make it have 2 textures on it, map imput panel tab: change both to uv, Map to panel tab top one to color and bottom one to normal.

Now its set up and when u finish your texture it can be applied to your mesh.

Just take it one step at a time ok.

Hi!

First of all u have your file set to hidden so nobody can download it!

Anyway. To get a texture to fit onto your mesh,

Open up a uv image editor window in blender.

U gotta make a uv map for it. in edit mode if you hit u and select unwrap it makes the uv map for you.

Its all the faces of your mesh laid out flat on a 2 dimensional picture.

Uou can make seams on some edges of your mesh to change how it flattens out. think of it like cutting edges of a cardboard box to make it easy to flaten it out.

Just select the edges u want to make seams on and hit ctrl - e and they will turn orange. then unwrap it.

Go into uv menu of uv image editor window and choose scripts > save uv face layout. IT will save the image of your uv so you can use as a texturing guide for it.

In the link and materials panel of the editing tab of buttons window when your in edit mode u can select the material datablock.

You gotta set up your material datablock so goto texture panel of shading tab of buttons window and make it have 2 textures on it, map imput panel tab: change both to uv, Map to panel tab top one to color and bottom one to normal.

Now its set up and when u finish your texture it can be applied to your mesh.

Just take it one step at a time ok.

Can I use project from view? Nevermind found out i could, by the way I thank you sooooooooo Much, uhm nevermind now when in game I try to equip the weapon and it crashes my game but in GECK it shows the texture

Edited by Semetric

Ok. U got further along :)

Yea so u got your weaponin the game and its showing up in geck sounds real good.

Extract a similar weapon from the meshes.bsa with fomm and open that with nifskope.

Is it a gun or a melee weapon?

U can see the boxy thing around it and thats the collision mesh. Also u can see all these lines sticking out in different directions if its a melee weapon. those are for the blod decals.

Guns are gona have other stuff like transform controllers for the reloading animation and the projectile node on em.

I dont know how to set up a weapon from scratch, but u can open the nitrishape node of the weapon u extracted and remove the nitrishapedata from it.

then open the nif for your item and copy the nitrishape data from your weapon and paste it into the data spot in the block details of the nitrishape that u just cleared out.

Then open the bsshaderpplightingproperty and remove the bsshadertextureset from it. do the same and copy your bsshadertextureset into the block details for the bsshaderpplightingproperty on the target nif.

this way you end up with the new mesh u made and the texture set and everything stuck onto the nif u extracted from the bsa. u can save that nif as the name u want for your weapon.

You could do someother stuff like making a different collision mesh for it or whatever but the nif is basically ready to work in the game at this point.