Please help me adapting animation to skeleton

baduk

Hi!

So I am making this mod with a companion pet.

I call him beany cause i was going to call him benny but there is npc called that and also it makes u think of those stuffed animals with the beans in their hands, feet, and butt to give added weight.

He is only about as tall as regular teddybear and cant run very fast so i can make it so u can tell him to hop into your inventory when danger approaches or something.

Here is beany!

He is looking very cute in the game and walks around and stuff.

But his arms dont move as much as i want because i had to rig it weird to the protectron skeleton.

So I decided to try changing the skeleton to fit his body more.

My hopeful attempt.

I think its gonna work just fine and I rigged the body better to this skeleton version so it moves how i want now.

But now i have a problem!

Pictured with protectron mtidle.kf

In nifskope when i attach the animation it is moving just how i wanted it to!

But In geck and when i import the mtidle.kf in blender with beanys skeleton It lost the changes i made to the skeleton!

So first of all, Why does it work so good in nifskope?

When i use attach animation spell it creates this nicontrollermanager thingy under the first bip01 node.

Under that some stuffs is created like niMultiTargetTransformController and niDefaultAVObjectPalette. I dont know what those are!

Also under it is the mtidle.kf nicontrollersequence and i dont think its changed at all. I think something else in that nicontrollermanager is making it work in nifskope.

Ok so if i can figure out how to update or somehow prepare the skeleton for use in geck it lets the animations work with it?

Or do i have to make new kf for every action of beany?

I can use modified skeleton as guide to adjust the starting position for each animation.

So far i dont know how to do all that fancy animation stuff. If i move the clavicles and hit apply as restpose, it moves em back forward again and its rotated all weird for the rest of the animation.

I can probably figure that out somehow, but point me in the right direction if u know about this.

Its just that since it works so good in nifskope i want to know why its different in geck and in blender!

I think its in the nicontrollermanager but that does not exist in the kf file and i guess i can give up on that if the skeletons used in the game is a hardcoded part of the engine.

But if thats true then why isnt it working when i put it into blender?

So yeah im all confused about it, I hope someone can shed light on my problems.