Increasing the draw distance for vegetation?

Kittenpunch

You don't need a mod to do that. Simply adjust the values in the Oblivion.ini file, located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion.

Increase the values below to what you desire.

fGrassStartFadeDistance=
fGrassEndDistance=

You don't need a mod to do that. Simply adjust the values in the Oblivion.ini file, located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion.

Increase the values below to what you desire.

fGrassStartFadeDistance=
fGrassEndDistance=

I have been searching, but not found the answer.

Is there an upper limit (aside from hardware limitations) the applies to grass draw distance. I have changed the ini to reflect massive numbers on those two variables, but past a certain point, it just wont render grass.

Of course there is a limit. Best case scenario the grass will render until the textures switch from normal LOD to distant LOD. When distant LOD is drawn no grass will show. This is best case scenario, there may be other limitations that make the distance even shorter.

Of course there is a limit. Best case scenario the grass will render until the textures switch from normal LOD to distant LOD. When distant LOD is drawn no grass will show. This is best case scenario, there may be other limitations that make the distance even shorter.

Thanks for the answer, the obvious radius where the grass cuts out must be the demarcation between normal LOD and distant LOD

thanks

• 3 years later...

this is a very old thread, but i will try to ask here anyway - i´ve been having troubles changing literaly anything about grass loading distance (as well as everchanging terrain in a close distance) - i can type anything in the oblivion.ini file, the grass will pop up from nowhere everytime, and a close (like 100 meters away) terrain as well. what could be causing this problem? how can i play oblivion withou having to see grass popping out like that?.. i´ve been searching the answer to this for a several weeks now but - everything still seems a mystery to me. i have natural environments mod, i have some better lods as well, everything is fine except of that damn grass and terrain loading like in some 1997 game...

• 5 years later...