Need Help Making a Travel Point Between Vegas & DC

lagia

Hi I am new to scripting and am working on a train between the Mohave Wasteland & the Capital Wasteland, I have already ported 98% of fallout 3 + DLC into New Vegas still correcting minor errors here and there as i explore the capital wastes. But I would like to build a train between Warrington Train Yard & Nelis Bio-Diesel facility. I Cannot for the love of me figure how to make a quick transport linked to the train car with an activator script to do a coc XXX or player.moveto but everything i try wont save and my GECK is in admin and i have tried the powered up GECK but nothing any help would be great

The Train

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs045.snc6/167503_477129956598_637506598_6327450_1395898_n.jpg

Location on Map

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs783.ash1/167319_477130281598_637506598_6327452_6621809_n.jpg

Mod Hompage

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39394

Email me

Edited by lagia

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously you have to link 2 games,but it would be complicated because it would have to close the game and run FO3 + your character is on NV so it cant be on FO3 without being ported or something like that.It would require more than just a ordinary mod it would also need some client coding I assume.

Well it is possible but first what you have to create is something that will sync your characters stats from NV->FO3 and FO3->NV everytime you travel.

Edited by EagleOfNexus

Well obviously you have to link 2 games,but it would be complicated because it would have to close the game and run FO3 + your character is on NV so it cant be on FO3 without being ported or something like that.It would require more than just a ordinary mod it would also need some client coding I assume.

Well it is possible but first what you have to create is something that will sync your characters stats from NV->FO3 and FO3->NV everytime you travel.

i can already coc to any FO3 location and have disabled the FO3 intro, plus all quests from FO3 work and load in NV. Modified fallout.ini to accept the the fallout 3 files as addon content, extracted all FO3 bsa's then NV bsa's made repack files with all content loaded to the bsa's, plus all FO3 DLC works. But I just need a link point IE: the pitt to dc or vice versa but dc to vegas. I will show video example of progress so far but just need a script to connect those two maps.

Edited by lagia

This may be a silly question, but seeing as I don't understand how you managed to port fo3 into new vegas I'm going to ask it anyway.

Why can you not simply do a normal doorway, with a standard teleport box?

Now on to some hopefully useful info for you, see if this works.

you'll just have to replace "YourMarker" with your own marker's unique ref id and rename the script.

Hope it helps.

scn movetheplayerScript

begin OnActivate

if IsActionRef player == 1

player.moveto YourMarker

endif

end

Best,

Joshua

This may be a silly question, but seeing as I don't understand how you managed to port fo3 into new vegas I'm going to ask it anyway.

Why can you not simply do a normal doorway, with a standard teleport box?

Now on to some hopefully useful info for you, see if this works.

you'll just have to replace "YourMarker" with your own marker's unique ref id and rename the script.

Hope it helps.

scn movetheplayerScript

begin OnActivate

if IsActionRef player == 1

player.moveto YourMarker

endif

end

Best,

Joshua

OK so get this tried that exact code and nothing! I know what the problem is though, it is because it switches between the FO3.esm and the FONV.esm it needs to be a coc type command or equivalent to accually switch the esm files so it won't work with markers

Edited by lagia