'New' to skyrim mods, help needed to choose which ones

darkmotion

Hey. I have played skyrim long ago with a very few mods; however, I would like to try adding a good deal of mods to 'enhance' my skyrim experience.

It is a jungle, and I do not know where to begin, what to choose, what not to choose, so my questions are:

Are there any sort of 'packs/bundles' people have made that I can choose from/ you would recommend?

Or can someone inhere recommend what mods I should be getting? whatever they do, I am interesting in them all.

Also, about the steamworks, do i need to add any mods from there as well? or will i find them here?

PS. I have a fast computer, so high resolution texture files (and what not) is no probs for me to run, also having a 30mbit connection, so very large files should be doable aswell.

I hope someone will help me out with this. I would love to get started again with proper mods :smile:

Cheers!

The premier Skyrim mod is Interesting NPCs, but there are so many mods that compliment it. SKSE, SkyUI, Skyrim 2K, Falskaar, Helgen Reborn, Wyrmstooth, the Unofficial Patches, and a whole lot more. The Vilja/Inigo combination is one that should not be missed.

Mod packs are not a good idea and are discouraged for many reasons.

Here is a link to my rant about compilations & mod packs. http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/5139302/1/#new

Now for what mods to use - we get that question all the time - the most popular are always going to be the most endorsed by default - and the Nexus maintains a list of every mod for every game by most endorsed from most to least. (top files) For Skyrim look here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/top/?