Script Help

MadMike710

I could easily be wrong as I haven't modded Oblivion, but I don't believe you can get a slider without some additional UI modification (editing xml files in the menus folder). You could look at how DarN does it in DarNified UI, he may even have some templates or tutorials somewhere. But even if you did that, I don't think you'd be able to add a slider to a standard MessageBox as you'd like. You'd essentially be adding a new hidden element to the HUD or another existing menu, and trying to make it look and act like a MessageBox.

This is not easy.

Oh so the 'drop items', 'wait' and 'sleep' commands are unique HUD elements?

There must be some sort of template somewhere in the Construction Set but I can't find the sleep or wait quests/scripts.

Or am I just wrong altogether? :P

EDIT: Or what could I use as an alternative?

Edited by MadMike710

Oh so the 'drop items', 'wait' and 'sleep' commands are unique HUD elements?

They are either hard coded or found in the UI xml, not in the editor. At least I remember there's a sleep_wait_menu.xml file for FO3, but I can't remember if it's actually used or not. But even if those are there, you can only use those files to modify those existing UI elements, you can't really make new ones. So if you find the xml for the message menu (assuming that's what you want), and it is actually used, you might be able to get a slider in there, but as I hinted above you probably would not find the effort needed to get this all working properly (including reading the selected values back into your script) not worth it for what you're trying to do.

And this would require OBSE as you would need to use some of the UI functions, namely the Get and Set MenuStringValue and MenuFloatValue commands.