[Spoilers] Possible Skyrim Plot

jhardingame

Well, game informer has done it's cover reveal for the Skyrim issue, and the back is a puzzle in the Dragon Language.

Puzzle

A friend of mine came up with this loose translation:

dragonborn, dragonborn by his honor is sworn to keep evil forever at bay and the fiercest triumph's shout dragonborn for your blessing we pray and the scrolls have fortold that black brothers the war come unfurled alduin bane of kings ancient shadow rises with a hunger to swallow the world

That said, it seems Alduin(the Nordic variation of Akatosh) will be playing a major part in the plot.

Further investigation revealed that Alduin may indeed be involved in Skyrim.

Alduin Link

Now, if the game follows what we saw in the Reveal Trailer, then more than likely the game will have dragons.

My personal hypothesis is that you play the Dragonborn, and (eventually) go to fight Alduin to stop (once again) the destruction of the world.

And on a side note, Skyrim is(this is just my opinion) is starting to sound a lot like Bethesda's version of Cataclysm.

Edited by jhardingame

Bethesda's Version of Cataclysm?

They started development of Skyrim in 2007-08, at a time Cataclysm wasn't even announced...

I hate it when people always have to compare every freakin' game with WoW!

"Oh my god, it has abilities! WoW-Copy!" (Actually been said... doh!)

But more on topic, you have gotten the puzzle quite right.

DRAGONBORN DRAGONBORN

BY HIS HONOR IS SWORN

TO KEEP EVIL FOREVER AT BAY

AND THE FIERCEST FOES ROUT

WHEN THEY HEAR TRIUMPH'S SHOUT

DRAGONBORN FOR YOUR BLESSING WE PRAY

AND THE SCROLLS HAVE FORTOLD

OF BLACK WINGS IN THE COLD

THAT WHEN BROTHERS WAGE WAR COME UNFURLED

ALDUIN BANE OF KINGS

ANCIENT SHADOW UNBOUND

WITH A HUNGER TO SWALLOW THE WORLD

From the uesp:

"The main antagonist will be Alduin, a Nordic variation of Akatosh. He's the "world eater", the one who swallowed the last world in a flame tempest and created the new one. Therefore, he is a God of Time, of the Beginnings and the Endings."

- so you have gotten that part right, and it seems very likely that he is the "main enemy" in the game, considering he is the "world eater".