Skin texture in existing mod is different in-game than in NifSkope?

highonsunday

There's a custom set of armor that was dependent on Robert's Male v2, and it doesn't work with the new version, v3. The author of Robert's v3 included the old textures so that dependent armors wouldn't be totally broken, and I've been trying to change the mesh (just for my own use) so it reads from the old, compatible files instead of the new ones.

This is what the armor looks like when I open it in-game/with NifSkope as-is. It's reading from the new Robert's v3 texture and we have arm nipple, what?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/paramonium/1.jpg

When I change the textures under BSShaderTextureSet to read from the v2 textures elsewhere in my textures folder, this is what it looks like. All fixed!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/paramonium/2.jpg

But when I save it and load up the game, I still have the creepy arm-nipple.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/paramonium/3.jpg

It's not that it isn't saving properly, because when I open the mesh up again it looks just like picture 2; everything is normal.

So. What step(s) am I missing? I thought I had it alright, but this is my first attempt to edit a mesh & I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Yeah creapy arm nipple lol. thats what people get from all the rads.

Anyway its from the skin shaders on the skin showing part of your outfit.

if u change it to use shader default and turn off the window environment maping shader flag and stuff it makes your arm nipple go away, but then its not using the skin shader anymore. and maybe it doesnt look good in certain lighting conditions.Shader settings are located in the bsshaderpplightingproperty.

So what u can do is import into blender and replace the arms01 with the new bodys arms01.

then u get the correct uv maps all on the arms part. U still want to go in and remove the geometry that would otherwise be hidden under the armor and everything. duno whats all the differences between the bodys tho. it might have different weights so make sure the bone deformation is ok. u can delete the armature and import skeleton nif and move it around to check that. or import the skeleton with an animation on it.

or u can go ahead and remove the skinning data all the way and use bone weight copy script from the full new body to get it rigged right. that can maybe cause issues if u have parts of that outfit that need to be rigged by hand.

Anyway, when u export it all now its got the right uv maps and no more arm nipple. even when u have skin shaders for the arms01!

Hey, thank you for the advice! The change to v3 doubled the size of the texture so the UV for the skin section was all off, thus the arm nipple. I figured out how to scale and reposition the UV and that method ended up sticking, meaning the armor is working in-game again!

Which is probably good because I don't have Blender anyway.

I owe you one and thank you again! Kudos for you.

Edited by highonsunday