Heart of The Dead Mod causing problems

Khan93

Hello People of TESnexus,

As I am having issues with a particular mod I have come to the fourums in need of help if someone would be so kind to assist me.

Earlier today I dowloaded the Heart Of The Dead quest mod I installed it with no trouble at all. At first it didnt work what so ever, in fact, the esp file didnt even show up in the data files section of my launcher or the omod. So I went into the data files of oblivion found the HOD file and clicked the application within I then extracted everything to a temporary folder and used my omod to install it. this time the esp file showed up in both the omod AND the data file. However, when I launched oblivion it went to a black screen, stayed for a few seconds, then went back to desktop. I didnt even recieve an error message.

Alas, I apolgize for rambling on but my question is: Would anyone happen to no whats wrong ? and if so, would you be so kind as to help a man holding vast sorrow due to this out ?

Again, I apoligize for my ramblings but I desperatley wish to play this mod and any suggestion would be much appreciated

P.S.

I apologize if I have mispelled anything I'm polish but hopefully you get the Point of what I'm Asking

Wish All Of You Well,

khan93

I have a feeling the mod isn't installed fully. If I recall it can be a bit tricky to get everything put together. Could you explain a bit more clearly exactly what you did to install it?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "clicked the application within the HOD file". By HOD file I assume you mean the archive you downloaded? HOD is packaged as three separate archives; which one are you talking about?

And you say you "used my omod to install it" ... I'm not sure what you mean by that. That you activated the omod within OBMM? And after doing that, the esp file then showed up "in" both the omod and the data file? ... The data folder, I guess?

I think perhaps you're accidentally mis-using the term omod to mean something it doesn't mean, and that's where the confusion lies. An omod is a particular kind of file that Oblivion Mod Manager uses to manage installations. Each omod isn't a folder that you can look inside; it's just one single file that contains all the stuff OBMM needs to install the mod.

When you download Heart of the Dead, it's three separate files. After downloading those, what did you do from there, step by step? I'm sure we can figure this out.