Need Retexture Help

wanderingwanda

sorry edited my post above like a jerk XD but thats how much info ive got, and just using the billboard as a way of staying topic lol.

so in short some stuff will use the nif for its texture calls and others just use the nif as a model and have refs to texturesets from what ive seen so far.

(except i dont understand how the billboard static gets the textureset if just looking for a dds...though im not nif exp.)

Edited by loilhart

I have made some custom posters using FNV meshes and textures. When I open Geck and click Diffuse to go to my custom poster, it says error: Directory Invalid. I put my new textures in Data\Textures\MyNewTextures. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, New vegas\ Data\Textures\MyNewTextures. After I open the mesh in Nifscope, am i supposed to save something from there? I opened it in Nif to get the textures data and thats all. Then i opened the texture in Gimp and re did the poster, saved as dds and copied the dds texture file and normalmap to MyNewTextures folder. Then I opened Geck and got the error.

If u are wanting to use nifskope to get the texture on the mesh.

Open the nif and select the textures u made with the flower thingys in the bsshaderpplightingproperty textureset thingumabob of the nitristips block.

Then u save the nif with a new name that u chose an put it in your folder of your meshes folder.

When u select that nif for the art of your new sign static, its gonna show up.

I have made some custom posters using FNV meshes and textures. When I open Geck and click Diffuse to go to my custom poster, it says error: Directory Invalid. I put my new textures in Data\Textures\MyNewTextures. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, New vegas\ Data\Textures\MyNewTextures. After I open the mesh in Nifscope, am i supposed to save something from there? I opened it in Nif to get the textures data and thats all. Then i opened the texture in Gimp and re did the poster, saved as dds and copied the dds texture file and normalmap to MyNewTextures folder. Then I opened Geck and got the error.

This will work even though i used Gimp to make the textures? How do I open the new dds file in Nif to associate it with the mesh. This is really giving me a headache. I'm sorry I'm so dense. It's like anything new, as soon as you get it it flows. I just hope a ligtbulb comes on soon! Thank you for your patience and guidance.

Ok heres a nif in nifskope and u can see one nitristrips block expanded, bsshaderpplightingproperty expanded and bsshadertextureset selected.

There are 3 textures on this one, diffuse (color), normalmap, and glowmap.

You only have 2 of em, dont worry about the glowmap., just set the other 2 ones.

(click the flower thingys)

Nifskope Diagram

Edited by baduk

This will work even though i used Gimp to make the textures? How do I open the new dds file in Nif to associate it with the mesh. This is really giving me a headache. I'm sorry I'm so dense. It's like anything new, as soon as you get it it flows. I just hope a ligtbulb comes on soon! Thank you for your patience and guidance.

Hey, I can actually see the flower things after following the mesh you downloaded into Nif. Is my mesh supposed to be rendered? Mine is just solid white. Also, what do I put in the resource file, or do I let it auto select? I feel a breakthrough coming. So after I click on the flowers and open the texture, do i open the texture in Nif or can I open it in Gimp and retext?

Ok heres a nif in nifskope and u can see one nitristrips block expanded, bsshaderpplightingproperty expanded and bsshadertextureset selected.

There are 3 textures on this one, diffuse (color), normalmap, and glowmap.

You only have 2 of em, dont worry about the glowmap., just set the other 2 ones.

(click the flower thingys)

Nifskope Diagram

Thank everyone for your help! I double clicked on the flowers and got my new textures and saved it in Nif. I've edited in Geck and renamed it. Question though...do you have to save everything as an esp to get in game? Poster, dress, fridge, chair.