Adopted kid won't go to sleep

Deleted19056179User

I recently downloaded the Hearthfire DLC. I adopted two kids: Runa Fair-Shield and Samuel. Samuel's AI is fine and Runa's AI used to be fine, but now she won't go to sleep. She just stands near the bed. I tell her to got to sleep and she agrees, but she still just stands there. I've tried reloading the save, moving back and forth to different houses, and using the disable, enable, and resetAI console commands, but they have no effect. What should I do?

Do you want to do some roleplay? Because they sleeping or not doesn't affect your game at all.

I just think its annoying. If you were a parent, you wouldn't want your child to stand in front of their bed all night and not go to sleep. I just want to fix the AI now just in case it leads to a bigger bug in the future or something. And because, like I said before, it's really annoying.

I'm NOT sure how to solve it, but I can help you narrow the cause down. I've had the same issue with followers (like Lydia) and hearthfire adopted kids also. This is especially true whem I'm using a modded or player created house.

The problem is the NPC is looking for a specific bed that has ownership assigned to that NPC, and they're not seeing it. Sooooo, instead of going to sleep, they just stand around waiting for their non-existant or otherwise occupied bed to become available.

I've been lazy about trying a fix, BUT the answer MAY be as simple as going into the CK, loading your specific house and assigning ownership of specific beds to specific NPCs

The flip side is that unless you do a clean install for your next game, OR edit the ownership again, your next game will be looking for those same NPCs to have ownership of those beds.

Edited by rms827

I'm NOT sure how to solve it, but I can help you narrow the cause down. I've had the same issue with followers (like Lydia) and hearthfire adopted kids also. This is especially true whem I'm using a modded or player created house.

The problem is the NPC is looking for a specific bed that has ownership assigned to that NPC, and they're not seeing it. Sooooo, instead of going to sleep, they just stand around waiting for their non-existant or otherwise occupied bed to become available.

I've been lazy about trying a fix, BUT the answer MAY be as simple as going into the CK, loading your specific house and assigning ownership of specific beds to specific NPCs

The flip side is that unless you do a clean install for your next game, OR edit the ownership again, your next game will be looking for those same NPCs to have ownership of those beds.

I'm not sure if that's the problem, since I've tried moving to different houses and the same thing happens. I didn't try the thing with the CK since I've never used it and I'm afraid I'll mess something up. Thanks for the advice, though.

I'm not sure if that's the problem, since I've tried moving to different houses and the same thing happens.

Are you using any "killable children" mods or mods that make them non-essential, by chance?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if that's the problem, since I've tried moving to different houses and the same thing happens.

Are you using any "killable children" mods or mods that make them non-essential, by chance?

Sorry for responding so late, but no. Those mods are just gruesome. I have a few mods loaded, but they're all small mods that don't affect the game too much except for the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch. The problem started appearing before I downloaded mods, though.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue. I have two children and two beds. One of them sleeps every night; usually in his own bed, but sometimes he also lies in the other bed.

The other kid only slept on the first few nights, and since then never again. I suspect that his pet skeever is keeping him from going to bed.