Fallout New Vegas Music System

dethtoll

So, unlike Fallout 3's music system which is fairly straightforward and easy for me to dump a dozen or so appropriate dark ambient tracks into (with appropriate file names), the FONV ambient music system seems entirely different, and I'm wondering how exactly I go around adding to it.

This is very frustrating to me as well. As far as I can tell, many of the music tracks are duplicated in the various folders and in order to replace one track I believe we would have to replace each instance of the track because it's impossible to tell from the music files themselves which ones are called by the game at any given time. Furthermore, adding new tracks might be very difficult if not impossible without knowing how to make the game call upon the new tracks.

This is very frustrating to me as well. As far as I can tell, many of the music tracks are duplicated in the various folders and in order to replace one track I believe we would have to replace each instance of the track because it's impossible to tell from the music files themselves which ones are called by the game at any given time. Furthermore, adding new tracks might be very difficult if not impossible without knowing how to make the game call upon the new tracks.

What I would do is download the "Radio Active" radio mod from nexus for FV and just toss all your ambient tracks in there.

I took a look at the Fallout New Vegas Music system myself before many times and even ended up replacing a lot of the music with my own, but it still does not work the way I want it to.

Seems to me that every zone ( or cell rather ) is already set up to play at random a certain number of tracks chosen from the folders.

So I guess to really make satisfying changes to the music folder, you would have to modify it through the G.E.C.K.

Anyways, download the Radio Active (R.A.C.E.) Radio station mod: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34999.

It's what I use and I play all my Dark Ambient music through it and it is almost like having my Fallout 3 music system.

Hope that suggestion helped.