Help a newcomer?

Karimloo

Hello, how is everyone?

Well, sorry to be a burden, but I have a few questions.

Recently I've been playing Oblivion on the PC and have only been using 1 armor mod, and Deadly Reflex. I still feel like I'm missing out.

Could you guys help me out by showing me the needed mods to really play Oblivion? Mostly what mods everyone agrees on that makes Oblivion great.

Also, is there a marriage mod or something?

needed mods??

i don't think there are any needed mods......

so, what exactly are you looking for, to enhance your gameplay??

because there are plenty of mod types, and each is very different, so it really depends on what you would like to see

if you want a harder game, you may want to try OOO or FCOM, and maybe throw in MMM, to make it even harder (you can use all of these together, but you'll need the compatibility patches)

for great quest mods, i would strongly recommend The Lost Spires, and The Dungeons Of Ivellon

both of these are just plain awesome, and give you several hours of fun (and some awesome looking, useful equipment)

again, if you specify what you are looking for, people will be able to direct you to more mods that you would probably like

Check out the top 100 list. These are the most popular mods, and also usually the most stable.

Look on the right side on the main Oblivion page. Find a highlighted category 'Files' click on 'Top 100' under 'Files'. Then on the top lists selection - go with 'Most endorsed files of all time'. My guess is that 97% of the files recomended by people in these type threads are in that list. :thumbsup: The 3% that are not there are either very new, or very obscure.

Perhaps you should refer to some mod lists.

The Nexus Forums -

• - List of Mod Lists

Or maybe you want some brief explanation to highlight some of the recommended mods,

so take a look at mods you should be playing for Oblivion, which is a good starter info,

though I don't agree with it completely.

There was a similar thread about essential mods/overhauls on these forums earlier.

Just googling for "oblivion essential mods" will give you some good info.

Like WastelandAssassin and bben have said already, it all depends on what kind of gameplay you like

(brute warrior, mage, stealth assassin/thief, ranger/rogue, etc.), and browsing the file section is usually

the best policy.

Since you are new to using mods, make sure you install:

OBMM, OBSE, Wrye Bash and ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated.

BOSS is useful for automated mod order sorting, but after its initial run-through, it is better to

update your mod order manually and make sure there are no conflicts. OBMM and Wrye can help with

conflicts and bashed patching.

Edited by vvk78