Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there is pretty strong archeological evidence that wolves attacked mammoths, frozen mammoth carcasses are still being found in the arctic regions of Canada and Russia, many of them have injuries consistent with being taken down by a pack of wolves.

I assume that wolves used similar techniques to what they use to hunt bears and bison, it would likely be only in the winter when easier prey isn't available. The wolves will generally harass the larger animal and try to herd one into deep snow. The large animal's weight breaks the crust on the snow and they are slowed and not able to fight back or escape easily. The wolf pack slowly kills it by running around it on the snow pack nipping at it until it is exhausted and then move in for the kill.

Given a choice though wolves will quite happily just hunt mice.

I once had a wolf follow me at night in the woods of northern Alberta, I didn't even realize it until I crossed my own tracks through the snow and saw his tracks on the crust beside them, I turned around and there it was about 20 yards away.

Edited by plumata

*Uninstalls Oblivion and plays Frisbee with the discs* Ok that's it! I am officially gravitated to this game, nothing else will satisfy me in the gaming world untill Skyrim is in my hands

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 14px;">There is more but when I edit it always messes everything up. But there on facebook it shows a woman  PC walking and the Countess or whatever with a crown. There is then a blocking image with Stalhrim like armor. And fianlly landscape they can be found on Facebook. on The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim page. Not The Elder Scrolls page.</span>