Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I´m counting they add vampires as I want to continue my oblivion character on it as a 200 old vampire.I just hope they don´t make them age like in oblivion, that is not good XD if they keep to the lore it´s possible for them to make vampiresto use a freezing spell, since there is a shout to breath fire should be a spell to breath ice as the skyrim vampires do. Edited by scot

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait -- it didn't say construction set

well don't forget, they never say jack about a CS until after the game comes out and the fans have nagged long enough lol. You think by now they'd know darned well that yes, we DO want one, so they may as well have it ready to go :P

Todd did say they had one, called it the Creation Set I believe.

Does any one know any details about the creation kit?

Will there be a heightmap editor?

Will there be a region editor (landscape generator)?

I hope so because these tools can save you hundreds of hours. I just get a little worried when people say "at least everything is hand crafted this time". Does this mean they used generators then cleaned it up by hand. Or have bethesda just removed my favorite tool

:unsure:

I hope so because these tools can save you hundreds of hours. I just get a little worried when people say "at least everything is hand crafted this time". Does this mean they used generators then cleaned it up by hand. Or have bethesda just removed my favorite tool

According to Bruce Nesmith.Which is found here.

Whole world is hand-crafted. Oblivion had some generated landscapes and there is NONE of that anymore used in Skyrim.

Todd also said that the world was hand-crafted when commentating on the demo that aired on G4TV, so far that's about all we know.

According to Bruce Nesmith.Which is found here.

Whole world is hand-crafted. Oblivion had some generated landscapes and there is NONE of that anymore used in Skyrim.

Todd also said that the world was hand-crafted when commentating on the demo that aired on G4TV, so far that's about all we know.

NOOOOOOOO. my life is over :(

Well I guess Bethesda could just keep the old region editor, just to please the modders. Because I can't imagine anyone would want to make any large new world mods if they knew they would have to fill their 16 square kilometers landscape with every tree, flower and rock by hand.

There might still be a land generator, they said the creation kit is very similar to the TES construction set, they might have just kept it in their for those who want to use it.Speaking as someone who is a gamer and not a modder: Oblivion's generated gameworld wasn't that attractive or realistic because you could tell everything was generated.Trees and rocks would be floating in several places, and the entire land looked as if it was made up of retextured hills, the mountains were just very large hills, and the plains were just small collections of hills.Even the swamps of Blackwood had a lot of hills in it.One reason why the Unique Landscapes Compilation is so awesome is because it's all hand-crafted and there's more detail put into the land.But that's from the perspective of a gamer, I have no idea whether it's hard or easy to hand-craft an entire gameworld, but I'd assume it would be quite difficult.

There might still be a land generator, they said the creation kit is very similar to the TES construction set, they might have just kept it in their for those who want to use it.Speaking as someone who is a gamer and not a modder: Oblivion's generated gameworld wasn't that attractive or realistic because you could tell everything was generated.Trees and rocks would be floating in several places, and the entire land looked as if it was made up of retextured hills, the mountains were just very large hills, and the plains were just small collections of hills.Even the swamps of Blackwood had a lot of hills in it.One reason why the Unique Landscapes Compilation is so awesome is because it's all hand-crafted and there's more detail put into the land.But that's from the perspective of a gamer, I have no idea whether it's hard or easy to hand-craft an entire gameworld, but I'd assume it would be quite difficult.

It's not difficult per se. Just extremely time consuming...

Actualy if you had enough skill, time and computer power you could probably create landscapes more beautiful than a hand crafted landscape, but as you make the generation more detailed, the time it takes to generate quickly increases,

To give you an Idea of how time consuming it would be. Go outside, and take 5 square meters, and look at every tree, bush, flower, stick, rock, mushroom, pach of grass.

Now imagine the time it would take to drag and drop all these objects into the scene and position them correctly. This is only for 5 square meters now imagine doing this for An area 1000 times larger, 5000 square meters or 5 square kilometers. And every part of that area must be unique.

As you can imagine this could be quite time consuming, and dont get me started on shaping the terrain (it's very hard to create realistic erosion by hand)

But all this could be done in about 6 hours of generation.

Personally, I wouldn't miss the land generator as I've only ever created rooms in the CS.

On the topic of dragons I would really like some good ones that won't attack on sight, that can be talked to, maybe traded with for some rare items. I say this because in almost all dragon lore, in TES and normally, dragons always had a horde of gold and jewels, and other items they have gathered over the centuries. In the lore Akatosh states that they only use the metals as they condition the scales or something to that effect which is why they sleep on their treasure piles.