Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of the videos in the skills category under destruction it says, "The School of Destruction involves the harnessing the energies of fire, frost and shock/ This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Fireball, Ice Spike, and Lightning Bolt." Ignoring the incorrect grammar, what does it mean by, "Easier to cast"? Does this mean we are going back to a chance based spell system like in morrowind, or that it will cost less the higher in level you go?

In one of the videos in the skills category under destruction it says, "The School of Destruction involves the harnessing the energies of fire, frost and shock/ This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Fireball, Ice Spike, and Lightning Bolt." Ignoring the incorrect grammar, what does it mean by, "Easier to cast"? Does this mean we are going back to a chance based spell system like in morrowind, or that it will cost less the higher in level you go?

I think it would lower the costs of the spells. I prefer that system kind of.

Great article:

http://www.1up.com/previews/skyrim-feels-like-bethesda-best-game

Found this interesting:

Your Magicka meter goes through the same time/strength/risk/reward mechanic as its green counterpart (Stamina); if each fist is armed with a spell, then expect the results to be doubled, but your use of Magicka to be halved.

Does this mean it costs less to use 2 hands, or costs more due to double power?

Great article:

http://www.1up.com/p...hesda-best-game

Found this interesting:

Your Magicka meter goes through the same time/strength/risk/reward mechanic as its green counterpart (Stamina); if each fist is armed with a spell, then expect the results to be doubled, but your use of Magicka to be halved.

Does this mean it costs less to use 2 hands, or costs more due to double power?

I believe he's saying that if you're dual wielding spells, your magicka is half what it is when you're using one. So yes, it uses more magicka.

I believe he's saying that if you're dual wielding spells, your magicka is half what it is when you're using one. So yes, it uses more magicka.

That's what I kinda figured, too, as it may make sense that it would be easier using your whole body to cast a spell than to have to focus it all into one arm.

But it's probably more logical from a balance standpoint for it to cost more magic using 2 hands. More hands, bigger spells, more magic.

Edit: Oh wait, I see what you mean now. 2 hands = your magic divided by 2.

Edited by Subvert5

your magic isn't divided by 2, your magic consumption is combined as two consumptions, which means it will double the cost of magic, but strengthen the spell by 50%. The companion dog, i got the idea it was just another summon spell. Which in my opinion isn't a real companion, but i did hear somewhere there would be an actual companion dog somewhere in the land of skyrim.

Here it is the in-game screenshot of a Dunmer thief from the official Elder Scrolls facebook page, as requested by the majority of people...

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198720_10150256300736404_131368351403_7609431_1192925_n.jpg

Edited by sgtbarney