Skyrim Information

Zaldir

There was jumping before, yes. My excitement is over the fact that people claiming "the end of Acrobatics means the end of jumping!" were wrong. For some reason, this had me super worried; I love me some rooftop-jumping, and I'm glad I'll still be able to do it!

Will they nerf it though? In Oblivion acrobatics were an excuse to add gameplay to jumping(ie: Attacking during jumps). Considering they took out acrobatic skill, will you be able to attack while jumping as standard or not at all?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that inevitably it has to be nerfed from Oblivion if it no longer has a dedicated skill. No more leaping 30-foot gaps on a whim, but it's still there for practical navigation and the occasional daring escape. It could, however, still scale with stamina increases as others have suggested. I kind of doubt that, though.

To me, having to unlock attacking during a jump was ridiculous, and I hope it comes standard. Although they seem to be moving toward improving the grounded combat enough that you don't need to resort to the "jump on a rock and shoot arrows at them" strategy anymore.

Even though I had a lot of fun with my Acrobatics in Morrowind and Oblivion, I don't think I'll miss it.

I think that inevitably it has to be nerfed from Oblivion if it no longer has a dedicated skill. No more leaping 30-foot gaps on a whim, but it's still there for practical navigation and the occasional daring escape. It could, however, still scale with stamina increases as others have suggested. I kind of doubt that, though.

To me, having to unlock attacking during a jump was ridiculous, and I hope it comes standard. Although they seem to be moving toward improving the grounded combat enough that you don't need to resort to the "jump on a rock and shoot arrows at them" strategy anymore.

Even though I had a lot of fun with my Acrobatics in Morrowind and Oblivion, I don't think I'll miss it.

Lol I hear you on the standing on rocks and hitting people point blank. So glad they fixed the damage for arrows. I wonder if they added any kind of physical look to elemental arrows?

Actually for those that think Oblivion was dumbed down just because from the E3 2005 Demo are wrong Radiant AI was a lot more than in the now Oblivion (People said it's not that impressive but in reality it is it is just they had to cut a lot of stuff out for which I'll tell you.) I talked to Zaldiir and in truth in the E3 Oblivion there was 4x more armor one more City called Sutch, 2x more people, more weapons, better voices as you have seen and better reactions among other stuff (Such as Arenas in every city Kvatch was destroyed so they could put it there without adding a lot of stuff Todd said this as well). I know why Oblivion is not like this. If you want to blame anything blame the Compression Tech we had back then Oblivion was about 3 times bigger from the E3 demo (Still adding too) they had to cut it out because of the disc space they had with everything there Todd himself said if we had the compression tech we have now when Oblivion was being made he said they could of fit everything plus more. Oblivion on PC was 2 discs before released Microsoft complained (Back then Microsoft wouldn't allow 2 discs, Oblivion could have had everything but Microsoft refused at that time only to change there mind later about other games.) Oblivion total was over 20 GB uncompressed and 12 or 14 compressed (Now it is 4GB compressedwhich means it went down a lot. As you can see compression has went a long way I'm sure a lot of the experienced modders know that.) Skyrim is over 50 GB and compressed is 7Gb or so (But that is a rumor know one knows yet.) As you can see and as I said before compression has come a long way. As you can see from this its obvious why Oblivion had to be "dumbed down" People may ask why not just the 360 version then. That is obvious you know how console people are they basically demand as much as the PC (Most at least) Hence if Bethsoft just did this for PC Console owners would be angry among other stuff. I'm sure you can see why now.

Actually for those that think Oblivion was dumbed down just because from the E3 2005 Demo are wrong Radiant AI was a lot more than in the now Oblivion (People said it's not that impressive but in reality it is it is just they had to cut a lot of stuff out for which I'll tell you.) I talked to Zaldiir and in truth in the E3 Oblivion there was 4x more armor one more City called Sutch, 2x more people, more weapons, better voices as you have seen and better reactions among other stuff (Such as Arenas in every city Kvatch was destroyed so they could put it there without adding a lot of stuff Todd said this as well). I know why Oblivion is not like this. If you want to blame anything blame the Compression Tech we had back then Oblivion was about 3 times bigger from the E3 demo (Still adding too) they had to cut it out because of the disc space they had with everything there Todd himself said if we had the compression tech we have now when Oblivion was being made he said they could of fit everything plus more. Oblivion on PC was 2 discs before released Microsoft complained (Back then Microsoft wouldn't allow 2 discs, Oblivion could have had everything but Microsoft refused at that time only to change there mind later about other games.) Oblivion total was over 20 GB uncompressed and 12 or 14 compressed (Now it is 4GB compressedwhich means it went down a lot. As you can see compression has went a long way I'm sure a lot of the experienced modders know that.) Skyrim is over 50 GB and compressed is 7Gb or so (But that is a rumor know one knows yet.) As you can see and as I said before compression has come a long way. As you can see from this its obvious why Oblivion had to be "dumbed down" People may ask why not just the 360 version then. That is obvious you know how console people are they basically demand as much as the PC (Most at least) Hence if Bethsoft just did this for PC Console owners would be angry among other stuff. I'm sure you can see why now.

50gb? I can't see how they could compress it onto a single disk... Well I can't say I understand the tech that they have so... I wouldn't mind a second disk that you installed. I'd love to have the game as pure as it can be on a console. I will buy it on PC too of course, but I do want to enjoy it on xbox while I talk with friends and enjoy the game.

Lol I hear you on the standing on rocks and hitting people point blank. So glad they fixed the damage for arrows. I wonder if they added any kind of physical look to elemental arrows?

^This! If I'm gonna find me a flamin' sword, it better damn well burn!

^This! If I'm gonna find me a flamin' sword, it better damn well burn!

So jaded with the glowing swords in Oblivion lol.

Yes, the faint sort-of-reddish-glow-if-you-squint wasn't so awe-inspiring. I remember when I used to play the FCOM suite of mods, and they added elemental effects to all affected weapons! So worth the afternoon it took to get that monstrosity running.

I have little doubt we'll see something better in Skyrim.